Author Topic: Fitzsimmons/Allen  (Read 17562 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzsimmons/Allen
« Reply #27 on: Friday 19 March 10 12:58 GMT (UK) »
... What does in chancery mean please?   ...

'In Chancery: The name of the reputed proprietor of a holding in litigation in the Court of Chancery.'

See - http://www.deliapublications.com/More2Griffith.htm

if I remember correctly this means that the property ownership is pending the outcome of legal action , usually related to a will.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 31 March 10 07:53 BST (UK) »
Hi shanew147

Thanks for the explanation.

I havent been able to find any information on line at all relating to these 2 families in Tyrone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do now or is this a dead end?  I do hope not!

Thanks in anticipation ...

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 23 July 10 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I have been able to progress with my Fitzsimmons family who moved to Preston, thanks to the help of fellow RCs.

I did wonder whether anyone knows the location of the local burial ground relating to Gortin and surrounding areas and if there are any monumental inscriptions which may help me with my quest -- I am determined to progress my tree in Ireland!  ;D

Alsio, would it be possible that my Fitzsimmons and Allen family left Wills and if so, where would I be able to search for them on the internet?

As I have previously said, I do not know anything at all about tracing Irish ancestry so any assistance anyone can give me would be really great!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 23 July 10 10:22 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 24 July 10 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for that; haven't found any relevant items yet but will keep checking as it appears it is being updated all the time.

Still wondering about the local burial ground for Gortin and MIs.

Offline maplekey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 24 July 10 22:14 BST (UK) »
Julia,

I was  just reading over your postings regarding looking at Griffith's Valuation.  I can tell you for 100% sure there are mistakes in the online versions.  My own Fitzsimons does not appear there and it is on the microfilmed copy.  So perhaps yours would also be found on microfilm.

You mentioned Newtonstewart at one point.  I know there was a Fitzsimons there as I sent for a death certificate thinking it was my James and it wasn't him.  It was another James who was a bachelor.  Apparently my James and his wife's deaths were not registered.  With the exception of one son and the spinster daughter, the other children left for North America.  One to the states and my branch to Canada.

Paddy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 24 July 10 23:45 BST (UK) »
Not sure what you mean by 'microfilmed copy' but this site has scanned images of the actual pages-
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml

Offline maplekey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 25 July 10 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Aghadowey,

I'm talking about the microfilmed copies of the original records made by the Church of Latter Day Saints.  I looked at the copies of the originals at my local LDS library and printed a copy. It has been several years since I've searched the online records so just went to the link you kindly  posted and entered my information.  Sure enough, it is telling me that my James Fitzsimons is not in the record. 
Perhaps I was exaggerating by saying missing records, but I know for sure there is one.  Thanks for posting the link.

Paddy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 25 July 10 00:13 BST (UK) »
There's a James Fitzsimons in Carnony and a James Fitzsimmons in Donaghmore in Co.Tyrone but the above site also allows searches by place.