Author Topic: Leckwith Village  (Read 9681 times)

Offline David Gough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
coles family yniston farm leckwith cardiff
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 September 15 22:20 BST (UK) »
hi all

i have joined this forum after coming across it by chance. doing research into family . i need information on the coles family in leckwith. i have been told yniston farm was there home. i am most interested in family around the time of 1950/60 era. i noticed a post from emma coles a relation in the past. would love to contact her if anyone knows how. her forum name is emmacoles23. thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: coles family yniston farm leckwith cardiff
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 September 15 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have just posted a reply on your Common Room post and asked the moderator to move it to the Glamorgan board

topic moved

We are not allowed to post information about any persons who could still be alive and as you don't give any details of names/birthyears it's not possible to know whether your post falls into that category

You can send a reply to Emma by turning up the post you saw and using the "reply" option at the bottom.  Providing she hasn't changed her email address she will get a notification

Topics merged
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline emmacoles23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 September 15 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hi. I got your message but don't seem to be able to reply. I'm happy to help if you'd like more information about the Coles family. My mother lived on the farm and was born in 1960, she has an older sister and younger sister.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 September 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma.....You can send him a personal message by clicking on the text icon under his name.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 September 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

Here's why you cannot contact each other by pm

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Please note: If you are sending PMs to new members who have less than three posts you will receive an error message, that your limit, or allowed number has been reached. (note that it says your limit, although it actually refers to the recipient.)
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 September 15 23:34 BST (UK) »
I think it has been reduced to two posts now Carole.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 September 15 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

Wasn't aware of that - rules haven't been changed to reflect it

Offline Flamingjune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Leckwith Village
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 September 15 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi David, saw your post & would like to know what information you're looking for.  I'm a member of the Coles family from Yniston Farm Leckwith & am currently researching my family history & the history of Leckwith.  Have also sent you a personal message but as not been on here for a long time am not sure if I sent it correctly. 
Leckwith - Coles, Lewis, Wyatt, David
Nether/Over Stowey - Coles
Penarth - Pearce, Bate
Cardigan - Jones
Barry - Parsons
Herefordshire - Parsons
Gravesend - Pearce
Wallsall - Bate
Mountain Ash - Battram

Offline rhysg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Leckwith Village
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 March 16 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Woodlands was owned by Shirley Bevan for as long as I can remember, she also owned the farm immediately outside the main gates which were accessed from the land going up a steep hill on top of leckwith hill. She used to keep a herd of Guernsey cows which were her pride and joy. These were kept on the farm. Most of the fields here were part of Ynyston farm which was rented by my grandfather William Samuel Coles and his father before him. They could have bought it for £20K but didnt have the cash to do it and loans were frowned upon in those days. My mother also used to deliver the milk Marie Gambling and her brother Lewis, they are sadly all passed away now. Shirley Sold up and moved further outside leckwith and bought a farm at the top of Michaelston le Pit where she took the herd of Geurnsey cows. the farmer that used to look after them and milk them was David who I knew. Woodlands was then owned by the university and run by professor Snook. let me know if you want to know more. i spent most of my childhood in Llandough and leckwith