Author Topic: SHAW FLACK - NSW Help please  (Read 9168 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SHAW FLACK - NSW Help please
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Funeral notice for John SHAW (late Police Constable of Charlestown) September 1933.  He is apparently buried at Sandgate cemetery, but I can't see him on their data-base.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/136676346

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Obit for John SHAW, constable http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article136694486

(I don't think this has been posted before ...??)

regards
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Alice M SHAW married James T MILGATE in 1920 in Wickham reg 16483

A birth to Alice and James
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article140017932

Alice  died 1969
1969 Alice May MILGATE , father John at Sydney reg 1290

Ros

adding : death notice for Alice May MILGATE
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline m.a

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Neil and mm54.

It has been a while since researching this tree but will pick it up again with this new info.
Nice to have people like you to help no matter how long the lapse.  It was thought I could not go any further.

Marie

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 07:20 GMT (UK) »
No problem Marie ;) It's nice to take a hammer to those brick walls.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline lesley51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie..my  great grandfather was John Shaw .. policeman charlestown.. married to Sarah nee Thompson.  Can you advise if this is the person you are seeking more info on. My father was son of Beatrice Thompson daughted of Sarah,  but was brought up by John and Sarah.  Thanks Lesley

Offline m.a

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Leslie,

John F Shaw (police constable) is the ancestor of my research. My connection is from his first marriage to Annie Maria Shaw (nee O,Neil ) who I have a great deal of info. What I dont have is anything on his marriage to Sarah Thompson (he divorced Annie in 1909 ) He and Annie had 8 children one of them called Stanley born 1901 who is the line I have followed down to my son in law.

cheers
Marie

Offline lesley51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,   I don't have a lot of information on John or Sarah as my father has died and there aren't a lot of family members left on that side.    What I do know is that Sarah had five children, one of whom was also called Stanley and died at Villiers Bretaneux.    I have a picture of my father as a small child sitting on a chair on the verandah of their home with the house name "Stanley".    One of Sarah's daughters - Beatrice is my paternal grandmother.   She had a baby in 1916 - my father Leslie Stanley who was brought up by John and Sarah till they died when he was 14.   At that time he went to live with Beatrice who by that time had another son Roy Thomas.   My father was not allowed to speak of Beatrice being his mother.    I actually have a gold fob watch chain and medallion that was presented to John by the people of Charlestown when he retired from the police force.   Let me know what information you need and I'll try to help.  Do you have any photos of John?      Also,   I have found out so much about John from the posts here that I never knew.   Funny, now that I know more, I'm more confused !!      Cheers, Lesley