Author Topic: Dwyer, Waterford maybe Dungarvan  (Read 5601 times)

Offline clarah

• RootsChat Extra
  • No stone unturned.
    • View Profile
Dwyer, Waterford maybe Dungarvan
« on: Wednesday 07 April 10 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for info on Catherine Dwyer born c 1844 who died in 1874 ( acc to death records Waterford library) SHe was married to Micheal Higgins, shoemaker in Dungarvan. They had four children that I know of Patrick, Hanora, Kate and Catherine Higgins. (Hanora and Kate died as infants)
Hanora Dwyer is mentioned on a few of the death certs, she may have been her mother or a sister.

I would love to piece together the Dwyer part of the family and find out more about the Higgins too. Maybe the Dwyers were not from Dungarvan?
Any help would be very welcome.
Griffith, Donegal; Higgins, Waterford; O Donohue, West Clare

Offline wise1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dwyer, Waterford maybe Dungarvan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 22:40 BST (UK) »
I have Dwyers from Donnybrook. Check out the website curious fox for Dwyers .Lots on there

Offline thelongpuckout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 July 10 19:27 BST (UK) »
THERE ARE THREE BRANCHES OF THE DWYER FAMILY LIVING IN DUNGARVAN, THE TWO ARE NOT CONNECTED

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 June 15 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a Mary Dwyer who married William Cronin (also a shoemaker). They were living in Dungarvan and wondered if there could be a connection I have been unable to find out anything on the Dwyers.  Mary was born about 1849 so could possibly be a sister to Catherine???? Have you been able to find anything else out about the Dwyers????

To "thelongpuckout" You reckon there are 3 branches of Dwyer's in Dungarvan.  Could you possibly share your info please?

All the best

Offline clarah

• RootsChat Extra
  • No stone unturned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 June 15 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Anjo. I haven't looked in a while re Dwyers but kept getting dead ends. What address did you have in Dungarvan for Mary? Were you able to located wedding record as I never could for Kate and Michael., The surviving family went to USA. Did Marys family ? You can PM me if you wish. With no fathers name for Kate I was never able to get any further but maybe something will yet reveal itself with time.
Griffith, Donegal; Higgins, Waterford; O Donohue, West Clare

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 06:45 BST (UK) »
The Dwyer family seem to be very elusive I can't make any head way with them either. Have sent you a pm.

All the best Angela

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for info on Catherine Dwyer born c 1844 who died in 1874 ( acc to death records Waterford library) SHe was married to Micheal Higgins, shoemaker in Dungarvan. They had four children that I know of Patrick, Hanora, Kate and Catherine Higgins. (Hanora and Kate died as infants)
Hanora Dwyer is mentioned on a few of the death certs, she may have been her mother or a sister.
rootsireland shows 8 births/baptisms Ellen 1859 Michael 1861 Mary 1863 Patrick 1865 Catherine 1868 (possibly died as a later Catherine shown) Honor 1869 (also died ?) Catherine 1870 Honora 1871.
Didn't find a marriage.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary