Author Topic: Marriage or death lookup please on John Bridge and Mary Jane Lavin, c1900  (Read 4688 times)

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find marriage information on John Bridge and Mary Jane Lavin, c1900. OR death information.  I believe they only had one child (Annie 1901).  Mary Jane died prior 1911.   John remarried and had at least one child (Kathleen).  John was killed from being hit by a bus in Dukinfield.  Other than Annie's birth certificate, my information has been family recollections but I have not been able to find any supporting documentation.  Can someone please help me locate something.
Regards, PippaR

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage or death lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 April 10 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi PippaR   You don't say where Annie was born ..? Might help us find a marriage if we could locate one area for the search.
LL.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 April 10 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, bit hard to find anything on them with the little infomation you have but you could have a look at these two?
Migky  ;)

Marrage
Mary Jane Lavin
1904  June 1/4
District: Ashton Under Lyne
County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Volume: 8d
Page: 774

Death
Mary Bridge death registered Sept qtr 1906 age 28
Ashton Under Lyne 8d  372  

I take it we are looking in the tameside area?

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 April 10 10:04 BST (UK) »
If you do find any of there deaths and they are in the Tameside area, you could try there burial site?
Migky  ;)

Click here 4 Tameside burials

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 April 10 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just for information,  the marriage that Migky found in 1904 is on CheshireBMD:

Mary Jane Lavin married Richard McDermott at Holy Trinity, Castle Hall (Stalybridge) in 1904. 

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 April 10 11:06 BST (UK) »
Please can you give all the information from Annie's birth certificate - the exact date and place of her birth and, if different, the family's address at the time (particularly being in a census year) are clearly key to finding more on this family.

Did Annie survive and remain with her father and stepmother?  Do you have any idea at all how much younger Kathleen would have been?

As always, don't post anything here about living or possibly-living people.

Anna :)
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 April 10 11:16 BST (UK) »

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 April 10 12:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for these terrific threads.
Re (my grandmother) Annie: Born 6/5/1901  Registration Dist. Ashton Under Lyne in sub-district of Stalybridge.  Father John Bridge, Mother Mary Jane Bridge, formerly Lavin. Address 1 Halls Yard, Dukinfield.  A now deceased family member believed there had been a divorce, but no details.  I had assumed it was pre John Bridge, but now I think not.  I was informed that her mother (Mary Jane) died when she was young, possibly nine, and she lived with various family members a year at a time until her marriage to Albert on 24/12/1921 in Stalybridge.  She married under the name of Lavin and there are no parent names on the certificate.
I was surprised to read the name McDermott as only recently I heard there was a family member in Canada with that name which was news to me and I had not even considered any connection!!
Can't tell you how many hours I've spent on this mystery so this help is greatly appreciated.

PippaR

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 April 10 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna,
Forgot to answer your question about Kathleen.  All I know is that she was a half sister and they had been fairly close.  I have been searching for a Kathleen Bridge, perhaps I should be searching for Kathleen McDermott. 
The photo I was shown of this Canadian lady (June?) McDermott was c1935 who I estimate would have been aged about 35.

Can you suggest which certificates I should send off for to 'narrow the field'.

Thanks, PippaR