Author Topic: BRODIE David Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow  (Read 9391 times)

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BRODIE David Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow
« on: Monday 19 April 10 15:55 BST (UK) »
I have a death cert for David Brodie - died 1925 in Linlithgow

Married to Elizabeth Davie??

Parents listed as John Brodie and Margaret Brodie- maiden name - McKenzie
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Ireland: Devanah, Byrne, Traynor, Carr, Canon.

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: David Brodie Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 10 20:34 BST (UK) »
 ???
Hi Antdamm

My grandmother’s (Agnes McKenzie (Brodie) Dean) parents were John Brodie and Margaret McKenzie married in Linlithgow January 4, 1880

We have no record that Agnes had a brother David!  When was he born and where?

Thanks and Regards

Peter
Gartlan, McLean, Dean, Brodie

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 September 10 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

I do not have any connections to this David Brodie - I just have a copy of his death cert by mistake, so I do not have details about where he was born and when.

I can email you a copy of the cert I have - if you PM me.

Antdamm
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 September 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
IGNORE - Problem solved! March, 2010 - Peter

Antdamm Please Help

I am not able to send a PM!  I checked the HELP tab for sending a Personal Message, and

a)   I do not get the New MSG icon when I click on the "You have X messages" link:  All I get is the Reload icon
b)   When I click on your name, I do not get the link: Send this RootsChatter a personal message.
c)   When I click on your profile, I do not get the link: Send this RootsChatter a personal message.
d)   I do not have the computer monitor (3) or over the little green scroll (4). On your reply!

And I cannot find a board to post a RootsChat question or request to help!

What can I do?

Peter

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi again Antdamm,

With the help of some wonderful RootsChatterers, I’ve figured out where David Brodie fits.

He is a younger brother of my great grandfather, John Brodie (b. 1855).

The problem was in the death certificate. David’s son, John, made an error. David’s mother was Agnes McKenzie, not Margaret McKenzie. This is what threw me off!

Again, thanks for the Death record and Cheers,

Peter

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

I am so pleased you were able to make a connection and put my unwanted cert to good use.

Happy Hunting!

Natalie
Dundee:

Offline Rob2012

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 September 12 22:47 BST (UK) »
My grandfather Henry Brodie (Harry) - lived in Linlithgow born about 1895 - his parents were David Brodie and Elizabeth Davie after whom my mother Elizabeth Davie Brodie is named.

I have just started looking into the family connections but this certificate seems quite relevant.

My grandfather was one of a large family with relations in Linlithgow, Armadale and surrounding area. They lived in a Vennel near the Loch off the High Street. I think David Brodie was a carpenter/joiner as was his son my grandfather. My grandfather's brother was also David Brodie who was a gardener.

If anyone has any relevant information I would be grateful to hear about it.
Brodie, Davie, Bryce, Cameron, Marshall, Pearson

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 September 12 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob, I believe your GGGF David Brodie (b. ~1863 d. Oct 1, 1925) was a younger brother of my maternal GGGF, John Brodie (b. 20 Sep 1855 d. post 1918).  Their parents would have been John Brodie (b. ~1825 d.  Post 1881) and Agnes McKenzie (b. 19 May 1822 d. 1871 – 1881)  m. Nov. 29, 1850

For more detail, check out my Brodie website http://pdeanisland4.wordpress.com/ where you can contact me more directly or http://www.mundia.com/ca/Tree/Family?tid=6471844&pid=6115084062

Peter

Offline Rob2012

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 September 12 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you. That's very interesting as I knew my grandfather but nothing really of his parent's or grandfather. My mother remembers visits to her grandmother at Linlithgow.
 I have still to get online at the Scottish registry to check out the details but the names and place seem quite correct. I think he had a brother and/or cousin too who emigrated to Canada and wanted my grandfather to come too after the war but he stayed in Scotland. We had a visit from a Canadian relative called Eloise about 30 years ago but we have lost touch with her - I am still looking though my mother's paper to see if I can find her surname but I understand she was married and divorced a few times so that may be difficult. Do you have a relative called Eloise - she would be in her 90's anyway at least by now if still alive.

Rob
Brodie, Davie, Bryce, Cameron, Marshall, Pearson