Author Topic: Mott family in Essex  (Read 11897 times)

Offline dellfrog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mott family in Essex
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 April 10 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi  I found Emma and William Mott here
http://www.GenesReunited.com/records/srzoomer.aspx?ff_type=18&key=196268
The public Office reference is HO 107/732/1 - it gives Williams age as   30 and Emma as 23.
I think William married Emma in 1837 July Aug Sept St Georges Hanover Square vol .1 entry 41 but have no details as yet.
That would tie up with the 1841 census
Kind regards
derek

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 April 10 17:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Derek,

Found them now, :) they are transcribed as Mull not Mott   ::) thats why I couldent find them

I will see if I can find there marriage cert.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 April 10 17:33 BST (UK) »
I cant see Wm and Emmas marriage nor on the free BMD either  :(

Also looked for George Henrys baptism but couldent find that.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline dellfrog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 23 April 10 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi All. You have amazed me with all the help given however I seem to have come unstuck.
Charles Frederick Mott 1873 -1944 born Forest Gate birth  registered West Ham 4a 68 was married to Edith Rhoda Lucas( 1874-1920)  in 1900 West ham 4a 579. ( The above definitely correct)

The family was still I believe in the West Ham Stratford area and my aunts told me that Charles Frederick remarried and had a daughter.
So far the only Charles Frederick Mott marriage that has come to light is to Elsie Sharpington in 1930 West Ham 4a 378.

However descendants of that line tell me that I must have the wrong Charles Frederick Mott  as they think he died 1970s not 1944 and they do not believe he was born 1873 as they do not think he was that old when married.
So I guess I need to know the age or parents given on the marriage cert of the 1930 wedding. How can i get this ?

Advice on where to look up marriages births and deaths  prior to 1837 for St Georges Hanover Square area would be appreciated. I aslo need to get details of the following marriage
William Mott probably born 1811 to Emma ? probably born 1818 . Think marriage was St Georges Hanover Sq 1837 3rd quarter vol 1 entry 41.
many thanks to all
kind regards
dellfrog

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 23 April 10 16:43 BST (UK) »
However descendants of that line tell me that I must have the wrong Charles Frederick Mott  as they think he died 1970s not 1944 and they do not believe he was born 1873 as they do not think he was that old when married.

Never take family hearsay as gospel, just take note and keep an open mind until you can prove it .

So I guess I need to know the age or parents given on the marriage cert of the 1930 wedding. How can i get this ?

There is no other way but to send for the certificate I.m afraid but I will see if I can find a birth record for her.

Advice on where to look up marriages births and deaths  prior to 1837 for St Georges Hanover Square area would be appreciated.

There is only the IGI or parish records, St.Georges, Hanover Sq I think is in Westminster, so most likely the Westminsters Archives would hold the records.

Think marriage was St Georges Hanover Sq 1837 3rd quarter vol 1 entry 41.

Will see if I can find this one for you.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 23 April 10 17:24 BST (UK) »

As to Eslie M Sharpington, as it was a second marriage she may also have been a widow.

Offline dellfrog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 April 10 18:11 BST (UK) »
HI
Elsie Sharpington was born 1905 so only 25 when married in 1930.
Charles Frederick was born 1873 so massive age difference.- he was 57.
So it does all sound wrong.
kind regards
derek

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 April 10 18:27 BST (UK) »
Not necessarily, I have know bigger ages gaps.

The Mott/Sharpington marriage does fit and we found 2 daughters of that marriage. 

Personally I would  get that marriage cert, to see if he gives his father as George Henry Mott then you will know for sure if its right or wrong before you go any further.

Charles Frederick fell out with his in laws after Edith Rhoda died and I think he was in the Stratford area. He got a bit of a reputation I think as a ladies man.

Maybe that was why. :-\

Offline dellfrog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 23 April 10 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hi
I agree entirely. The descendants of that line are getting back to me as Charles Fredericks daughter is alive and she will know the ages but I will get that marriage certificate.
many thanks
derek