Author Topic: VIC BIRTH lookup BINEHAM  (Read 7757 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: VIC BIRTH lookup BINEHAM
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 06 May 10 08:10 BST (UK) »
Cando mentions in reply #20 the death of FRANCIS ALOYSIUS BINEHAM in 1953.

A newspaper article in The Age  on 30/4/1953 tells us he was well-known jockey in Ballarat and he sadly died in a horse-riding accident which was not on the racetrack.

The horse he was riding in a street in Ballarat slipped and he fell.

http://www.google.com/archivesearch/partner.html

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • today is the beginning of the future of yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 06 May 10 10:07 BST (UK) »
Sue
Thanx for the extra info.  Greatly appreciated.

Jon
AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.

Offline tom3

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 10 August 10 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jon
I am not sure of the etiquette and I don't want to offend but a few older descendents of the Bineham family would like to know why anyone would be interested!  I wouldn't say they were upset to see there parents details on the site but a little curious.  As there are so very few of us and mostly in contact we are happy to answer anymore questions

tom
Bineham
Ellen Mary Sherlock
Rheinhold Somon

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom
Welcome to Rootschat.  :)
Not sure I understand your question “why anyone would be interested?”
The very nature of this forum, what it represents, and the questions asked and answered would tend to say it all. People are interested in their beginnings, their history. In this case I was chasing down the history of a close cousin’s husband. That is what genealogy is all about.
Thanks for your offer to answer any more questions I may have. If you get three posts up you can contact me by PM [just click on the little green scroll thingy to the left <<<]
That way we can communicate privately without the information being seen on the forum\internet.
Looking forward to your contact. 
Jon
AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.

Offline cbinehamthomas

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 August 10 15:02 BST (UK) »
Francis (Frank) BINEHAM m Johanna (josie) Fogarty, Toowoomba 21 Nov 1932,
one child Margaret Francis living
(yes a male spelling, funny how the smallest things become so confusing as generations pass)
Frank died 1st Feb 1953 - had moved from being a jockey to being a trainer, based in ballarat. returning home from the track, horse got spooked by a car and Frank got thrown. Died of internal injuries a few days later, Josie died 1975 in Wangaratta
Siblings:*)
 ;D cheers claire,
one of Margaret Francis' daughters

(*) Moderator comment: names of possible living persons removed as per RootsChat Policy.

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 12 August 10 23:13 BST (UK) »
HI Claire

I very much appreciate your contact and the information you supplied but forum rules prevent us from posting details of living people. The forum moderators will soon be around to delete details of your post concering these living people.

If you get three posts up you can contact me by PM [just click on the little green scroll thingy to the left <<<]
That way we can communicate privately without the information being seen on the forum\internet.
Looking forward to your contact.  ;)

Jon