Author Topic: Thomas Pyne Bethnal Green 1901  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Jeremy Pyne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pyne Bethnal Green 1901
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 July 18 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jodie

Thanks for the reply and glad you've made the connection  with your grandmother. You've seen the other replies in this trail of course. It appears that your grandmother was one of at least 4 children of Mary Ann Quaintrell (love that name) and Thomas Pyne. As I'd mentioned in another reply, this Thomas seems to be one of a large family of 9 children , of a John Pyne  b 1830 in Shoreditch a 'Tinman'  (not in the Wizard of Oz sense!) and wife Ann Page. This John was christened in St Andrews , Holborn and the son I believe of another John Pyne a Beer Seller originally from Exeter (where I work now) and Jane Britton They married at St Edmunds , in Exeter in 1822. I can I think take this Pyne family back into earlier generations.
I'm not directly related but have effectively been doing a one name study on Pyne families for many years now. I think the above holds together - let me know  if I can be more help. I could write out a Pyne tree fro you if you'd like, may take a bit of time. All the best   Jeremy