Author Topic: JEM (or JOHN) MEMERY m Annie Andrews  (Read 12768 times)

Offline Graeme Dunne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JEM (or JOHN) MEMERY m Annie Andrews
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you dathai, hopefully I'll get back to Ireland next year and be able to visit this cemetery..

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 12:09 GMT (UK) »

Offline little alison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Graeme. I'm very interested in the wedding picture you mention; and I have two pictures of William as a piper (as I said on the boards.ie post). - also one of an aged Adelaide the pawnbroker.
My grandmother was named after her and Marion. Could we exchange?

And I also have a tree I have sorted out from the (mostly accurate) notes made from my grandmother in the 1960s!  Including  Elizabeth Dunne.

(By the way I now think 'Jem' may be James.....)
LITTLE - Lancs, Cheshire. Dumbarton, Dublin and Glasgow - and South Africa. Also Canada

PRICE, ALLEN, JONES, JACKSON - Gwersyllt and Wrexham

ANDREWS, DOWSE, MEMERY - Dublin, US, and Canada

Offline Graeme Dunne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison

More than happy to share copy of photos and information. I have tried attaching a PDF copy of the Wedding photo and the writing which was on the back. You will have to let me know if you received it or not, this is all new to me haha, and if not, I'll have to ask someone better skilled than myself.
Elizabeth was the daughter of William H Dunne and Anne Price. From what I have read so far, it looks like Anne was Williams 2nd wife and his 1st wife was Elizabeth. My Dunn/Dunne line goes back via my GtGt Grandfather Thomas Johnson Dunne who came out to New Zealand with his wife, son and 3 daughters in 1875. His father being William H Dunne and mother Elizabeth Johnson.

Cheers

Graeme

Offline little alison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Been trying to post with no success...
LITTLE - Lancs, Cheshire. Dumbarton, Dublin and Glasgow - and South Africa. Also Canada

Offline little alison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 18:29 GMT (UK) »
It wouldn't post with the pdf. Why? It wasn't too big...will try again later.

I did say:
Thank you! How many of the people can you identify?

My grandmother said Marian was a Scot, but I  thought she was born in Dublin. There's certainly a Mary Anne I thought was possibly her.
Could the two older people on the left be John Andrews and Marion? And is the woman in front of Elizabeth, Adelaide? And I spot some kilts there too....

Offline Graeme Dunne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison
I gather you received the photograph. I think the older couple seated on the left are Ann and William Dunne (father and mother of the Bride), the grandson in front of William would be Adrian Ravenswood Dunne and the one on the left would be young William. The 3 men standing at the back on the left I think are John, Charles and Henry Dunne. John and Charles 1/2 brothers to Elizabeth and Henry her actual brother. The 2 women in white standing at the left I think are John Dunnes wife Sarah and Pollie I think is a nickname for the wife of either Charles or Henry.  To the far left, I think is Elizabeth's sister Louise (Lucy). Sitting on the right at front I think are Aunt Maria Price, Adelaide and Eva, behind them the best man Mr Gleeson, Rev Stevenson and cousin Charles Price. Any other suggestions from someone that knows more always good to hear. I received the copy of the photo from the family of Louisa Dunne who became Louisa Carey who went with husband and family to Australia.

Cheers

Graeme

Offline little alison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Whoops, I was all wrong. Wishful thinking of course, John Andrews being my direct ancestor, son Frederick my great grandfather.
So Adelaide and Eva are at the far right. I will try again to send some pictures. I have various details about these two, and of William (Liam) Nathaniel's life.

Offline little alison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 23 December 15 19:50 GMT (UK) »
I think this might have worked this time?

This tree is the result from the notes my sister, aged about 10, made on the back of an old envelope, of what my grandmother Adelaide Marian Little nee Andrews said, in the 1960s - and without this I would never have got anywhere with the Irish side of my family!
Sometimes things you wouldn't expect to, survive.....