Author Topic: Americans In Leicestershire WW2  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Burto

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Loving the new flag!
    • View Profile
Americans In Leicestershire WW2
« on: Monday 28 March 05 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm trying to trace my Grandfather who was American. My Grandmother was stationed in The A.T.S. at the Glen Parva barracks in Leicestershire. Could anyone tell me which troops were based in Leicestershire around Dec 1943?
Thanks
Swift , Matthews, Price , Clarke , Rockley, Dewey, Turton, Wild, Nottingham
Aldread, Brentnall, Cowlishaw Derbyshire
Elliot, The Borders/Nottingham FWK industry
Hartopp, NW Leicester (Barkby and surrounds).
Smith Bilston Staffordshire
Bennett, Calary? Ireland
Johnson, Staffordshire/Warwickshire
Latham, Lewis, Trevor, Vero, Armstrong, Barnett

Offline MacKenzie Clow

• RootsChat Extra
  • MacKenzie and Clow
    • View Profile
Re: Americans In Leicestershire WW2
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 March 05 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm trying to trace my Grandfather who was American. My Grandmother was stationed in The A.T.S. at the Glen Parva barracks in Leicestershire. Could anyone tell me which troops were based in Leicestershire around Dec 1943?
Thanks

Maybe if you post your question here in this military history category you'll get answers as to who was based in that area then.
http://militaryforums.co.uk/cforums/viewforum.php?f=43&sid=4e2b48c9f87d298bd78262a41fb48ea1

What info are you trying to find out about your grandfather? Did he make it home from the war? Because if he's a fallen soldier then their are links to sites commemorating and listing fallen soldiers.

Good luck.

My Email address is no longer working sorry
JOHN JAMES SMITH ... born 1791 (?)
-arrived FROM WESTMINSTER, LONDON to Canada at age 17 (1808) signed 5 year contract with HUDSONs BAY COMPANY lived RED RIVER SETTLEMENT area. (where was he born? Who were his parents? This is my GGG Grandfather)

EDWARD MOWAT .......... Orphir

ALEXANDER MOWAT -Caithness?
married: CATHERINE DAVIDSON MALCOLM from Wick, Caithness

FIRTH

MACKENZIE - CLOW St. Andrews, Fife 1922 and before.