Author Topic: Laslett family of Kent  (Read 8897 times)

Offline lyrad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Laslett family of Kent
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 October 10 10:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that - It looks like the same Edward Henry (Henry Edward - names were switched at various times) . Don't understand the single bit - he was not on the 1911 Census with May Ellen and from what I can decipher on that census she states she is a widow but that is not right either.
His sister seems odd as well - Mrs E J Mussosk - Edward had a sister Emily Jane but she married a John Squires in 1912 and lived in the UK - the address on the attestation looks like a Canadian one.
Will keep digging - but looks like another thread here
Daryl
Belsey Researcher in Oz 
UK, Canada, Australia
Belsey, Rickards, Scott, Nixon, Shaw, Richards, Maning

Offline bon62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 October 10 14:48 BST (UK) »
 ??? Please see attached for May Laslett..sorry did NOT mean to send these in such a large file!!

Thanks
on62

Offline bon62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 October 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that - It looks like the same Edward Henry (Henry Edward - names were switched at various times) . Don't understand the single bit - he was not on the 1911 Census with May Ellen and from what I can decipher on that census she states she is a widow but that is not right either.
His sister seems odd as well - Mrs E J Mussosk - Edward had a sister Emily Jane but she married a John Squires in 1912 and lived in the UK - the address on the attestation looks like a Canadian one.
Will keep digging - but looks like another thread here
Daryl
Belsey Researcher in Oz 

Moderator comment: copyright image removed.  Please see RootsChat Copyright policy

Offline Peter Finch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 October 10 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
For your info Edward or Henry Belsey, however you find him, was actually born in 1879. When he enlisted in the CEF he took a year off his age, as they often did when joining the army.  I have his birth certificate to clarify this.
Regards,
Judy  :)

Offline bon62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 October 10 15:30 BST (UK) »
 :D Yes Daryl from Oz and I knew he was born in 1879..we also do not believe that May was a widow..it would not make any sense in 1911..perhaps she just said that because Edward left her to marry Violet and she was bitter about it.
Did anyone type into Google Maple Ridge Fraser Valley cemetery surnames B...this shows both Edward and Violet..their birth and death dates.
I still cannot find anything on May in Canada..perhaps I will check out her children to see if there is anything.
A copy of Edward's birth certificate would be greatly appreciated for Daryl.
Thanks for all your info.
Bonnie from Little Britain Ontario

Offline lyrad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 October 10 22:22 BST (UK) »
Judy,
If you are able to share that birth certificate for Edward Henry it may solve a couple of issues. my address is email address removed by moderator - please use the Rootschat secure personal message system to exchange personal email addresses thankyou
The world of the Belseys is a wide and difficult one.
best regards
Daryl from Oz
UK, Canada, Australia
Belsey, Rickards, Scott, Nixon, Shaw, Richards, Maning

Offline Jim SC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 April 11 05:07 BST (UK) »
Karen

In regards to May Ellen Laslett ( Belsey), She remarried ( I think ) in Canada in 1912 or 1913 to Samuel Curry, they had two sons, they moved to the US in 1922. They lived in California, Samuel died around 1950, May Ellen died in in 1974. I'm her grandson and would like to share more info about her life both in the US and England and learn more about her family in England. I know she had three children from her marriage to Edward, Edward, Laura and Florance.

Jim SC

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 April 11 08:38 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage for May Ellen LASLETT to Edward Henry BELSEY Dec quarter of 1901, Dover registration district.

The only death for an Edward BELSEY is in the same quarter (Eastry) but he was aged 85.  The date & age make this marriage unlikely plus he wouln't have had time to father 3 children  ::)

Have you found May and her children in the 1911 census in England or would she already be in Canada?

Sorry, didn't read previous page  :-[
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jim SC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 April 11 19:47 BST (UK) »
Bearkat

They were married in 1901, Dover, they had two children in England, then went to Canada 1906. They had another, Florance 1907, then I don't know exactly what happened to the marriage, he ended up in Vancover, BC. She remarried and two more children, I am not sure what happened to her three childern(working on that).
                                                             Jim SC