Author Topic: Shudall Family  (Read 30955 times)

Offline Angil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Family
« Reply #45 on: Monday 06 June 11 16:02 BST (UK) »
If anyone is interested I have a James Shudall from Rath Duncormack who died the 28th March 1932. He was married. Just something I took down while doing research.  A

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Katherine,
Have we had contact before?  Perhaps not.  If you have a look around the various genealogy websites you will see that Paul Pearce and I have been researching Wexford Shudalls for many years, and having lots of information at this stage, have responded to queries regarding the Shudalls of Coolishal before.
There were a number of different, but related, Shudall lines in south Co. Wexford.  The John who had the corn mill ties to the Scurlogue line, the Coolishal line ended up in Australia, the Francis b.1826 was from the Duncormick Hill line (although another Francis born around this time went to USA).  Where are you getting your information from?  Are you related to Shudalls?  Happy to help if I understand where you come into the line.  Do you live overseas?
Eileen 
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 10:58 BST (UK) »
If anyone is interested I have a James Shudall from Rath Duncormack who died the 28th March 1932. He was married. Just something I took down while doing research. 
Angie, you've got me here.  I don't have a James from the Rath line (except the one that shows in Wexford town in 1911), so I'll have to ask you for more details.  What age at death and residence and notifier; and I guess the source of this record would be really helpful to put him into place.  And is it spelled Shudall?  Thanks in advance,
Eileen
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline Angil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen James died in Wexford Hospital with enlarged prostrate. He was sixty years old. I got this in the Records Office in Wexford.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 09 June 11 02:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that info Angie.  Now that I have an age I can see he was most probably the fourth child of George (Shoodal/Shoodall) and Ellen Nolan.

Offline Betty Moran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 25 November 12 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi , Elizabeth Parle you mentioned was my grandmother who married Thomas Moran Belgrove Duncormick ,would love to have more info on the family my email is  * or facebook Betty Moran Walker .
                                           Regards Betty b.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Betty Moran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 25 November 12 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul , Anastasia was my grandmother Elizabeths sister ,maiden name Parle . William & Anastasia came from Duncormick Wexford  ,My email is ---- *    or facebook Betty Moran Walker
                Regards Betty .

(*) Moderator Note: see previous comment.

Offline Ronandrox4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 17 February 17 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Hummm.  Very interesting.  Firstly, don't worry about not having done much research on the Shudalls and myself and Paul Pearce have been researching them for years and are happy to share information.  Secondly, if your g.grandmother had children by Thomas Shudall then the Shudalls are your blood relations.

As for what we know now - it seems from what you say that Thomas had 2 children (Mary and George) by his first wife Mary Murray; then at least your grandmother (Mary Mackey) by his second wife Mary Mackey.  As you have the 1899 marriage cert I guess you have details of the residences, parents and ages of the bride and groom?  If so I can try to put George into place for you.

I don't suppose you have any idea who the Hogan nephew was?
Eileen
Hello Katherine,
Have we had contact before?  Perhaps not.  If you have a look around the various genealogy websites you will see that Paul Pearce and I have been researching Wexford Shudalls for many years, and having lots of information at this stage, have responded to queries regarding the Shudalls of Coolishal before.
There were a number of different, but related, Shudall lines in south Co. Wexford.  The John who had the corn mill ties to the Scurlogue line, the Coolishal line ended up in Australia, the Francis b.1826 was from the Duncormick Hill line (although another Francis born around this time went to USA).  Where are you getting your information from?  Are you related to Shudalls?  Happy to help if I understand where you come into the line.  Do you live overseas?
Eileen

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 21 July 17 23:18 BST (UK) »
I've got this one in my family tree. I'm not directly related though.

20 Jan 1925 Married at RC Church Wexford, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Christopher Shudell 23, Bachelor, Sailor, of Patricks Square, Wexford.  Father Christopher Shudell, a Tailor .
Spouse Elizabeth Thomas, 21 Spinster, Domestic Servant of Hill Street Wexford.  Father: William Thomas a Labourer.
Witnesses: Thomas Larkin & Justin Busher

U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
Name:   George Christopher Shudell  [George C Shudell]
SSN:   369 56 5471
Race:   White
Birth Date:   1 Nov 1926
Birth Place:   Wexford Wexf, United Kingdom
Death Date:   23 Oct 1992
Father:   Christophe Shudell

Mother:   Elizabeth Thomas

Type of Claim:   Original SSN.
Notes:   Apr 1967: Name listed as GEORGE CHRISTOPHER SHUDELL;
03 Nov 1992: Name listed as GEORGE C SHUDELL
UK, Commonwealth War Graves, 1914-1921 and 1939-1947
Name:   Christopher Shudell
Birth Date:   abt 1902
Death Date:   9 Dec 1940
Cemetery:   The Tower Hill Memorial Part XIV Sea-Sty
Burial Country:   England
Father:   Christopher Shudell
Mother:   Ellen Shudell
Region or Memorial:   Memorial Register
SHUDELL, Christopher AB Merchant Navy, SS Ashcroft (London) Died 9th Dec 1940 aged 38 son of Christopher & Ellen Shudell:
Husband of Elizabeth Shudell of Kilburn Middx.
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset