Author Topic: INMAN Mineral Water, Leeds & Huddersfield  (Read 9260 times)

Offline Nevthedigger

• RootsChat Member
  • Nevthedigger - digging bottles, artefacts, history
    • View Profile
Re: INMAN MINERAL WATER, LEEDS & HUDDERSFIELD
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 July 10 15:14 BST (UK) »
I think the "currier" would probably be "carrier", ie moving the crates about to different retailers. I have in my bottle collection a few bottles from Inmans of Leeds, Hudds and Halifax, dating c1890 - 1910.
Ossett history, Cussons chemist, Ashby in Dallowgill, Yorkshire.

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Nev, Yes I would agree about the carrier. I also have a number ofbotllese bearing the INMAN name, purely because he was my great Grand father and his brothers.  Regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline Inman81

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 May 12 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Trevor Paul and Tom Piper, I know this post is old but I was wondering if you can share some information with me about Charles Bottomley Inman and his family tree? My husband is great-grandson of Charles Bottomley Inman and we have always known about mineral waters in the family but not much else. Can you possibly shed some light on our past?

Thanks in advance, Jess

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 May 12 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Jess,  Charles Bottomley INMAN was my Great G. Father. His son was George INMAN b.1881 and his son was my dad Frederick INMAN b. 1927.  If you contact me on my e mail of trevinman@hotmail.com I can supply you a lot of info.  Regaqrds trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline GeorgeHall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 March 16 11:36 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone has any information of the above company which was owned and ran by my Great Grandfather and his brothers. His name was Charles Bottomley INMAN b 1857. He died in 1916 in Tockwith nr Whetherby in a house called Craigdoon or Little Manor House.  Any info on the family would be appreciated.  Regards Trevor
  found an old poster for this company in our garage.would you like it?

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 March 16 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi George, Yes Please I would like the poster very much.  My home address is *  TrevorPaul

*Moderator comment: address details removed.  Please use the personal message system to exchange these sort of details.  Thanks 

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 March 16 18:47 GMT (UK) »
I should  remove your personal information for safety's sake!
[Use of the personal message system is recommended, then only to persons who have posted 3 times]
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline GeorgeHall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 March 16 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi George, Yes Please I would like the poster very much.  My home address is TrevorPaul
  just cover the postage if that's ok? If you'd like a photo of it first email us at

Moderator comment: PLease use the personal message system to exchange snail mail or email addresses.  Thanks

Offline bykerlads

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 March 16 18:09 GMT (UK) »
whilst we are on the subject Huddersfield area drinks manufacturers, does anyone know where Armitages mineral waters , soft drinks etc were located?
I think it must have been 1920/30/40's either Hudds , Holmfirth or towards Penistone.
My dear old dad's nickname was "Pop Armitage " because of the name of firm that made the fizzy drinks which locally we call "pop".