Author Topic: Samuel Edward Sprot  (Read 1863 times)

Offline seeker272

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel Edward Sprot
« on: Thursday 05 August 10 18:29 BST (UK) »
I am looking for some information on Samuel Edward Sprot. He was the younger son of Hereward Sprot, the family living at Woodlands Hall, Knitley near Consett.
   Originally the family were named Spader but the father changed their name to Sprot by deed poll c 1931. Samuel Sprot was killed in a flying accident, April 24, 1935 and buried in Fife, Scotland.
   In between birth and death their is a gap in his life that I am trying to fill. All I know is that he was some kind of amateur aeroplane/glider builder. Anyone got any further information: is there a photograph of him anywhere?

Best Wishes.
                Robert.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Edward Sprot
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 August 10 18:59 BST (UK) »
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 August 10 19:05 BST (UK) »
are you sure about his former name,,this says it was sadler..

Thought to be Samuel Edward Sprot in 1934. Ted Sprot was the second son of Lt Col Hereward Sadler: he changed the family name to Sprot by deed pole, of Woodlands Hall, Knitsley, County Durham. Known as Ted, he gained his aviation certificate No 10445, May 6, 1932. With his brother Alexander, also a civil pilot, Ted Sprot went flying on April 24, 1935 and took off in DH 60G Moth, G-ABRD, from Cramlington, home of Newcastle Aero Club. Making a low pass over Woodlands Hall, the aircraft stalled and crashed into the ground. Ted Sprot was killed, his brother, the pilot, was seriously injured. Ted Sprot was buried in the family plot within Dunino Churchyard, St Andrews, Fife. He was the squadrons first fatality although in a civil accident.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline seeker272

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 August 10 21:49 BST (UK) »
You are right gortonboy.....SADLER.....where I got Spader from I have no idea at all. Brain fade!