Author Topic: Lea Relatives-Ulua To New York 1920.  (Read 6752 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lea Relatives-Ulua To New York 1920.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 August 10 17:15 BST (UK) »
There are lots of helpful databases for the Fort Wayne, Indiana area here - http://www.genealogycenter.info/fwacdb.php/  Your Lea family seems to show up in a few, including the obituary index.  The library will provide the obituaries for a small fee, or there is a volunteer in Allen Co., Indiana on www.raogk.org who does obituary look-ups.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 August 10 17:36 BST (UK) »
Sorry Shelly - I amended and did'nt see your post. Apologises

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 August 10 17:43 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to Sandra and Shelly for your excellent posts and info,I've been offline for a while.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 August 10 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi William,

Your most welcome. Importantly though I think that poves that they were brothers finding that death entry for William Lea which was one of the things you were'nt sure about earlier. 

Regards
Sandra  8)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 August 10 18:28 BST (UK) »
Yes many thanks Sandra,it was the Birthplace I found for William Alfred Maddocks Lea of Woowich London that led me to think he may have been his Uncles child as his Uncle John Maddocks Lea was living there in 1901.The Maddocks coming from the Margaret Maddocks who was John M and William Sr's Mother.To think I started with just one of this Lea family in c 1700 and I'm approaching 200 descendants that I've found thus far.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 August 10 18:37 BST (UK) »
The 200 descendants are slightly misleading in that I've found 200 with the Surname Lea.There are of course many more with other Surnames like myself!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 August 10 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hopefully this is the right connection for William's wife. In reply 17, I mentioned a Mary C Lea and have found part of an Obituary for her and it is addressed to her children - which is only 1 son - I can't put the name because he is still living but you would'nt have to be Einstein to guess !!!! (his wife and daughter were also mentioned) I believe he lives in Birmingham. Alabama so will send pm with details.

The death record  for William said Mary Jacquelyn Cole Lea

Mary C. Lea
Death Date: 14 Dec 2008
Obituary Date: 16 Dec 2008
Newspaper Title: Birmingham News. Alabama. USA

In the guest book someone has written:-  We are so sorry to learn of Jack's death. She was a joy at family reunions and loved sharing stories about her family. She was a delight to know through the years. She will be missed.......

SSDI Record

Mary C. Lea
Born: 30 Dec 1919
Died: 14 Dec 2008
Last Residence: 35213  Birmingham, Jefferson, Alabama
SSN was issued: Alabama (Before 1951)

Regards
Sandra  ;)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 August 10 22:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks once again Sandra.

Regards
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline mr1val

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 14 April 12 18:41 BST (UK) »
Claude Maxwell Lea was my grandfather. I just happened to find this site today when I googled his name just for the heck of it.

Florence was my grandmother. Lloyd was my father (I miss him so much!). John (Jack) was my uncle. I never met Claude because he died before I was born.

I'm not accustomed to this site but I would enjoy learning more about my relatives over there in England.

Val