Author Topic: calling missing matthews family from Dundalk.  (Read 6951 times)

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
calling missing matthews family from Dundalk.
« on: Friday 07 August 09 07:32 BST (UK) »
 8) Looking for family of william matthews (Deceased) and Rose (nee Brady) matthews (also deceased) from Dundalk county louth. These were my grandparents and they passed away i believe and this is only a guess so do not let it put you off if you think you have some information(1950s ish) They had a son Benny who Married Rosaleen Holland in 1938. Rosaleen was previously a holland and before that her familys name was Roddy.
William matthews was a carriage inspector on the railways(Wheel tapper?) Look at your family tree because we might possibly be related? please help me locate family of the one and only william matthews.
Alphonsus123.

Offline HugoBeauchamp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: calling missing matthews family from Dundalk.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 August 09 11:18 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at the Irish GRO Indexes on line at http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

I have had a quick look and found quite a few bits that should get you off to a good start!

HB
Drogheda, Co Louth - Magee/McGee
Dublin City - Brady, Magee/McGee, McNally, Sheridan, Taylor
Mitchelstown, Co Cork - Hyland, Martin, Russell
Ballyporeen, Co Tipperary - Russell

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 August 09 18:24 BST (UK) »
 8) many thank's for your help I shall look and see if i come across anything.
Alphonsus123

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Do these names ring a bell with you?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 11:00 BST (UK) »
 :)Taken from the 1911 census of Ireland. My family resided at 72 Castletown road Dundalk at the time of the census. William Mathews head of household. Rose Mathews wife. Bernard Mathews son. Mary Cathleen Mathews daughter. Bridget Brady Boarder. Jack Brady boarder. Arthur O'Hare nephew. Annie O'Hare niece. William was my grandfather and Rose my grandmother. Bernard was my father who was one at the time of the census. He went on to marry Rosaleen Holland . Both Bernard(Benny) and Rosaleen (Rosh) are now deceased. If you recognise any of these names then please post a reply as it will help me enormously in tracing other family relatives who might be able to shed some light on other family members, both on the mathew's side as well as the Holland side.

Moderator's Note: merged with existing thread since there are already several threads looking for these relatives.

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 17:58 BST (UK) »
 :) Thank you for coming to my assistance.