Author Topic: Beaver row  (Read 10691 times)

Offline valkane2003

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beaver row
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 17 October 10 18:01 BST (UK) »
That's very interesting about the death notices. Quaxer, you said you got the info on 18 gt Brunswick street in the Irish times. Would you know if that info is on the Irish times website. If so I'll invest in a subscription rather than looking at hard copy in the library.

Offline Quaxer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 October 10 00:42 BST (UK) »
V.2003

Yourrecent refers. Yes, it should be as both parties used the same source.

Regards    Quaxer

Offline newyorkgenealogist

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://townlandoforigin.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Quaxer,

I'm tracing a Keogh family that lived at 7 Beaver Row. The father was Michael Keogh married in 1882 to Catherine McDonnell. He died sometime between 1887-1901.

Could I request a favour of having you look in the Irish Times to see if his death comes up?

Regards,

NYG
The Irish in New York City
Ireland
Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Buggy - worldwide

Offline Quaxer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 23:35 GMT (UK) »
NewYorker

I checked all the entries for Beaver Row but nothing of interest to you turned up.

Regards     Quaxer

Offline newyorkgenealogist

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://townlandoforigin.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 09 December 10 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Quaxer
The Irish in New York City
Ireland
Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Buggy - worldwide

Offline alice8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 04 November 11 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

I'm tracing Keoghs in Beaver Row too.  There seem to be two families of Keoghs and I can't work out exactly how they're related.  Both families lived at 7 Beaver Row, so I can't imagine they were completely unrelated.  Which Keoghs had the farm?

My line are from Michael Keogh who married Catherine McDonnell.  Michael's address at marriage was 7 Beaver Row, which is also where their children Ellen, Joseph, Mary (who died young) and John were baptised from.  The youngest was born in 1889.  Michael must have died sometime between 1889 and 1901, as by the 1901 census Catherine was down as a widow and the family had moved out and she was working as a housekeeper.  Michael and Catherine were both born in Wicklow, Michael was a gardener for the church in Donnybrook and his father was called Joseph.

The other Keogh family were Laurence Keogh, who married Mary McGuire in 1870.  Their children Julia, Mary, Bernard, Elizabeth and Thomas were all born at Beaver Row, and the family were still there in 1901 and 1911.  Laurence's father was called Thomas.

So, my question after all that was how are the two Keoghs, Laurence and Michael, related?  If anyone has any info about all this, please let me know!

Offline cruisedub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 11 November 11 04:19 GMT (UK) »
My Grandfather 's name was Bernard keogh , listed as a Sand Contractor on 1901 census . His first wife died and he married a second time . My mother;s name was Mary , she was a child of his second marriage . It appears he first lived in 106 Henshaws Cottages on the Clonskeagh Road just before Clonskeagh Bridge later moving to Beaver Row . The family lived in the house at the bottom of the quarry you can see on WWW.MAPVIEWER.OSI. There was no actual farm  but they did operate a dairy from that location , the cattle which provided the milk were kept at various location's close by and on some pasture in Rathfarnham . 

Offline alice8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 11 November 11 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cruisedub,

that's Bernard I found alright, son of Laurence Keogh.  Do you know of any link between them and my Keoghs, Michael and Catherine and their children, who also lived at Beaver Row?

Offline valkane2003

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 November 11 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi cruisedub

I think your Bernard keogh is the son of a distant relative of mine Mary maguires sister would be my ggg grandmother. Do you know anything about those maguires because I've hit a dead end!!

Thanks
Val