Author Topic: An unusual story .... can someone please help  (Read 15888 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: An unusual story .... can someone please help
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 24 September 14 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

On Janie’s 1949 death cert it gives the then current details of her 3  brothers and 1 sister.  (their names and addresses with the note "All of Johannesburg").  Have you followed up on those clues?  Perhaps they or their descendants may know of your father’s life in South Africa, or of any previous marriage/s for him.

ADD,
It also mentions that Janie's Nationality was Poland, "Union National by naturalization of husband", so perhaps you could follow up re Isaack's naturalization papers.

ADD
One of the brothers shared the same address as Janie and Isaack.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 25 September 14 06:40 BST (UK) »
http://www.geni.com/people/Janie-Shapiro/6000000008053991460   At that submitted tree, the tree owner has Janie as marrying in England at age 33, in 1945.   They mention these two daughters.  Perhaps you should try to contact that tree owner and ask for their source of that info.

http://blankgenealogy.com/getperson.php?personID=I17651&tree=Blank1 At that submitted tree, the tree owner as Isaac Shapiro's date of birth as 20 Dec 1914, and his first wife as Janie Fogelman.   Perhaps you should try to contact that tree owner and ask for their source of that info.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 25 September 14 07:14 BST (UK) »
I did point out those sites in reply #28  ;) & suggested Sharon contact the tree owners. In replies #32 & #33 Sharon said they were HER sites ???
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 25 September 14 07:25 BST (UK) »
Oh deary me,

I guess then that leaves the options of Sharon following up with the Fogelman families in RSA as per the 1949 dc. and the National Archives of Australia file that has not yet been digitised for her Dad.

Cheers,  JM

Offline sharon shapiro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 26 September 14 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, on the genie website I have a tree Sharon Shlomit Fitzgerald b. Shapiro Tree http://www.geni.com/share?t=6000000023514910463 and on myHeritage.com Shapiro web site: shazzashapiro.myheritage.com - I also have information on david blank's website. http://www.geni.com/people/Janie-Shapiro/6000000008053991460   At that submitted tree, the tree owner (Daniella thompson) has Janie as marrying in England at age 33, in 1945.   Nothing is known about this person. The Jaffe/Yaffe family tree compiled by the late Zvi Yaffe of Kibbutz Ginegar Shows her husband, Isaac Shapiro, with two daughters, Sharona and Gila. it’s also possible that they are Isaac’s living daughters from an earlier or later wife. Janie didn't have any children according to her death certificate.

Offline sharon shapiro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 26 September 14 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

According to Janie Fogelman's (shapiro) death certificate the brother that lived at the same address as Janie and Isaac was Bennie Fogelman, he had a wife Niuta and a son Mervyn (could be alive) got this information on the NAARS website.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 15 June 17 16:25 BST (UK) »
" My name is Sharon shapiro and I was born in Johannesburg South Africa. I applied ten years ago to the department of home affairs in Pretoria for my birth certificate, I live now in Australia and the South African embassy in Canberra Australia applied twice "

Posted on behalf of Sharon who had clicked on the "report to moderator" button instead of the reply button. The blue reply button is at the very end of the last reply Sharton :)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sharon shapiro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 21 August 17 01:51 BST (UK) »
 I have been trying to find out information about my dad for years. This information I got recently the story of the Shapiro’s escape, their abuse, the hardships they had to endure because they had to travel south through Germany (to Bremerhaven). All the ports north of Lithuania were frozen. In Bremerhaven they got  boat to the Port of Tilbury, located on the River Thames in Essex, England. There they boarded the “Durham Castle” to South Africa. It was at that point that several members of the family were separated, some going to the USA and other parts of the world.
I am looking for information on the shapers who boarded the durham castle their names and where they went. Any other info as well.