Author Topic: Where is Frederick Brazier around 1849-51?  (Read 706 times)

Offline truebritmega

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Where is Frederick Brazier around 1849-51?
« on: Monday 18 October 10 02:00 BST (UK) »
Im searching for my 3 x great grandfather, Frederick Brazier,born birmingham, warwickshire, England 1812.  I can trace him in all censuses in England except 1851... but I have reasons to think he could be abroad… possibly France (or Europewide) Canada or the US

1851 shows his wife, Lydia Brazier (nee Smith) living with her children at 1851 14, Black Horse Yard, Marylebone, Middlesex, England. She is listed there as "Wife" but frederick isnt there...

Frederick is a gun lock maker, part of a BIG family of gun and gun lock makers, from wolverhampton birmingham and london... and the family does have international trade links, and I have seen at least one of them died in france, others are connected with supplying  guns/locks to america, (and also links w the hudson bay company)

Across wolverhampton, numerous branches of the fam all run there own business, as a part i assume of one "family group" if that makes sense... and My theory is that Frederick was either taking locks down to the London branches of the family, ready to be sent abroad, or perhaps was himself going down and then taking the guns/locks abroad, maybe into france? Etc? because Fredericks wife was obviously in London a a few years as two of the children (the middle children) were born in Marylebone in 1849 and 1850 whilst the earlier and later children are born in Wolverhampton…

Anything? Anyone?
Smith, Tolley, Griffiths,
Monaghan, Richards, Clark, Clarke,
Brazier, Filben, Fibben,Filbin
Sherdon, Churden,Sheldon
Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, Bilston, Kent, London, Middlesex