Author Topic: St. Helena Island, South Atlantic - RENTON  (Read 7600 times)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: St. Helena Island, South Atlantic - RENTON
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you are a member of facebook, but there is quite a big St Helena following on there, if you pick wisely, someone over there might be able to help.

My uncle has lived there for over 30 years, 2 of his daughters are back in the UK now and are in constant contact with the island.  Unfortunately I'm no longer in contact with him otherwise I'm sure he would have done the lookups for you as he was the one who started my off on this family history lark!
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline margaretmarion

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 06 March 11 21:16 GMT (UK) »
 ;) ;)Many thanks for the replies.
I am now in touch with St. Helena.

Again, Rootschat friends have been a great support  ;D

Margaretmarion
Henley/Hindley (Ldn/Lancs/St. Helena)), Cozens, Griffiths (Welsh border Counties) Horwood, Pardon, Allen, Dyson (Yks),  Barron (Yks), Saunders (Yks/Nfk), Stubbings (Nfk), Silverwood, Hardy, Dakin, Granger, Bonsor (Lnd/Wrks), Tedder, Thirkhill-ell (Yorkshire), Dakin, Barron, Renton (Island of St. Helena, Norfolk), Bonsor (Bethnal Green & Warcks), William Clough (soldier died 1796)., Wrentham (Suffolk)

Offline wildelane224

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hello :)
In the past year I have been researching my family on St Helena island from the late 1600s to the early 1830s.   Joseph Alesworth married Mary Clough on St Helena in 1801.   I am under the impression that her widowed mother Sarah Clough married the widower James Renton.
I have been through all the St Helena BMD records and have found some interesting information on the Cloughs.  I wonder if you have any further information of James Renton.
Bev
wildelane224

Offline margaretmarion

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Wilkdelane224  ;D ;D
Good to hear from you!!   James Renton is/was my 4xgt.grandfather.   Sarah was his 2nd wife.
I have SO much stuff on them.
Can you send me your email address privately, please, then I shall send more.

Great to have contact with someone from the Renton family - at last!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Margaret
Henley/Hindley (Ldn/Lancs/St. Helena)), Cozens, Griffiths (Welsh border Counties) Horwood, Pardon, Allen, Dyson (Yks),  Barron (Yks), Saunders (Yks/Nfk), Stubbings (Nfk), Silverwood, Hardy, Dakin, Granger, Bonsor (Lnd/Wrks), Tedder, Thirkhill-ell (Yorkshire), Dakin, Barron, Renton (Island of St. Helena, Norfolk), Bonsor (Bethnal Green & Warcks), William Clough (soldier died 1796)., Wrentham (Suffolk)

Offline wildelane224

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret!
So glad to hear from you............
Can you please reply to *
I have since found some interesting information but am not sure how it fits together....
look forward to sharing with you.
Regards
Bev

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to echange e-mail addresses.  New members need to make two or three posts in order to be able to access this system.  Thanks  :)