Author Topic: chapman three mile water  (Read 38583 times)

Offline gacman55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: chapman three mile water
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 August 14 23:48 BST (UK) »
I may have a bit of help on the Richardson side. I believe Martha Richardson was the daughter of John Richardson and Martha Stringer Richardson, Married 1763. Reasoning is as follows: family anecdotal history going way back says that Martha's sister, Anne Richardson (born ca. 1775), married William Tyndall (also relatives of mine in the Chapman lineage). Anne's firstborn was named William Stringer Tyndall. Thus, my belief that the parents of Martha and Anne Richardson were William and Martha Stringer Tyndall. William Stringer Tyndall's brother Gavin (born Abt 1801 - died 1863, buried at Dunganstown) is one of my great, great grandfathers. His daughter Grace R. (Richardson?) Tyndall married my great-grandfather George Chapman in 1874 in Minnesota.

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: chapman three mile water
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 August 14 00:25 BST (UK) »
Dear me, these Wicklow Chapmans were a nightmare of cousin marriage.

I am also connected some how.  My gg grandfather was Benjamin Henry Chapman, born 1820 in Ballyloughlin, Wicklow, the son of Joseph Charles Chapman and Sarah Hudson.  Joseph Charles Chapman died young and his widow, Sarah Hudson, was remarried to a man named Charles Johnston.

Benjamin Henry Chapman married Mary Pepper of Avoca, Wicklow.  They emigrated in the early 1840s and settled in Marquette County, Wisconsin in 1848.  One of their sons, Henry Charles Chapman, married his half cousin Charlotte Elizabeth Johnston in Dodge County, Minnesota in 1879.  She was the daughter of John Johnston [son of Charles Johnston and Sarah Hudson] and Anne Chapman [daughter of Benjamin R. Chapman and Martha Richardson].  The large Johnston family had immigrated in 1873 after Anne was widowed in Ireland.

I don't know if Joseph Charles Chapman was related somehow to Benjamin R. Chapman but I suspect that he was.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis