Author Topic: Pollard Street, Middlesbrough  (Read 5969 times)

Offline macintosh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: POLLARD STREET, MIDDLESBROUGH
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 December 10 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Middlesbrough Archive have the map, it is No.13 in the series "Middlesbrough's History". Andrea is correct, it is a row of back to back terraces Russel St to Grange Rd. I remember it from my schooldays at Hugh Bell School.

James

Offline marcinabolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 December 10 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks everyone! Will take a visit to the archives after christmas, very handy little place!

Offline dparvin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 January 11 22:36 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother lived in Pollard Street, Middlesbrough according to her wedding cert. Could anyone enlighten me to where it is? I live in Middlesbrough so would love to go and see where it was :) Thanks in advance

Hi I can tell you where Pollard street was. If you go between the town hall and victoria park towards the law courts you will come to Jedburgh Street. Now turn around and walk back about 30 paces and Pollard Street was on your right hand side. I hope this helps Derek

Offline marcinabolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Derek! I used to have a friend who lived on Jedburgh Street so definatelty know where you mean. Thanks very much  ;D

Offline Michal Yankowski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 16:43 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother lived in Pollard Street, Middlesbrough according to her wedding cert. Could anyone enlighten me to where it is? I live in Middlesbrough so would love to go and see where it was :) Thanks in advance

Hi I can tell you where Pollard street was. If you go between the town hall and victoria park towards the law courts you will come to Jedburgh Street. Now turn around and walk back about 30 paces and Pollard Street was on your right hand side. I hope this helps Derek

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Pollard Street, Middlesbrough
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 30 June 16 17:29 BST (UK) »
Middlesbrough institute of modern art, grange road. is right on top of where it was,