Author Topic: Bertie Leonard Osborne  (Read 1168 times)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Bertie Leonard Osborne
« on: Thursday 14 April 05 05:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
Bertie Leonard Osborne was my uncle by marriage, he was born 26-08-1908 in Edmonton London.
Can anyone find his parents for me please.
thank you
Wj
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Bertie Leonard Osborne
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 April 05 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi William. Unfortunately to gain this information at this time I am afraid you will need to purchase his birth certificate to learn his parents names. This can be purchased from

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

For a cost of 7 pounds. Unfortunately 20 century history is so much more dificult as these people do not as yet appear in any census. As you know this mans birthdate it would be quite easy to purchase the cert.

Failing that all you can do is wait on the release of the 1911 census and hope that he will be apparent there....Once you have his parents details it should not be too difficult to track the family backwards

All the Best....Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 April 05 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Kris
I  forgot about the hundred year's rule, i will get the certificate, thanks for reminding me , i just get carried away with the tree, i get info and act upon it without thinking.
Thank you
Wj
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline AndrewOsborne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 December 17 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am Bertie Leonard Osborne's grandson. Bertie was my dads father. I have lots of photos of him.
His parents were Edward Charles Osborne and Eliza Rudge. I am pretty sure I have a photo of Eliza too.

Who were your relatives?

Regards,

Andrew Osborne