Author Topic: 1862 CORNET Person RICHARDSON  (Read 3552 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1862 CORNET Person RICHARDSON
« on: Tuesday 28 December 10 03:37 GMT (UK) »
The 1862 Cornet Person was James Richardson...does anyone know when he passed away ??
I have a photo of him and his supporters for that year...if I can find out when he died then I can get a death cert ....then I will know who his ....parents and poss wife was.
What we not not do to trace an ancestor..he he ....
Thanks in advance. !!
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline SafeOot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1862 CORNET Person RICHARDSON
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 11 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I have been following up on my Granny's cousin, the 1919 Cornet TG Winning, and managed to get a good photo of him as an adult, rather than the grainy family photo I had of him as a child. Having worked out his story, I wanted to do something with it.

So I have just started to put together a blog [http://hawickcornets.wordpress.com/] in which I will follow up "my" Cornet, and many of the others - using Census and other info.

I would appreciate putting your Cornet's picture on the site - and his story as well?

Let me know what you think

Offline BeeMack

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 November 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi SafeOot. 

My Grannys Cousin was also Cornet in 1902.  William Nichol Graham.  I have a good photo of him and also a postcard of "past cornets" if you are interested in it for your site.
Please pm me and let me know.

Offline classicgirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Happy Climbing Trees!! LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, you are certainly busy climbing our tree  :D

Closest I have managed to get for James Richardson is b1837/8 Hawick and d1900 in Hawick,though I havent got his death or birth info confirmed. (found this info on ancestry site.) Good luck in finding the correct details, I'm being sidetracked up and down other branches at the moment. I agree with you. The things we do for fun eh  ;D

I heard through the family grapevine, another cornet was a Billy Murray,( my nan Grace Anderson's sister Margaret's son), the nearest I can get to confirming this is a Phillip Murray in 1972. The frustrating part is getting his brother Tom,to confirm it was him.

Happy Hunting

Carolyn  :)
White - Sheerness,Gillingham,Kent
Richardson - Hawick, Rox
Lunn - Durham, Lincoln
Wilson - Lincoln
Smith - Lincoln

Offline classicgirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Happy Climbing Trees!! LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi me again

Have his parents as Henry Richardson b1801 - d1884 and Beatrice b1796.
Henry's brother was Andrew Richardson b1791 - d1869

Henry and Andrew's parents were James Richardson and Isabella Scott

I have a photo of Billy as a cornet, when I get to locate it, will put it on site

Happy Hunting

Carolyn  :)
White - Sheerness,Gillingham,Kent
Richardson - Hawick, Rox
Lunn - Durham, Lincoln
Wilson - Lincoln
Smith - Lincoln