Author Topic: James & Harriet Willetts  (Read 2705 times)

Offline daiwillets

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James & Harriet Willetts
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 February 17 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi
James Willetts (b 28 Jun 1835) was my great Grandfather's brother. They were both illegitimate sons of Elizabeth Willetts, my gg grandmother, born in Yorkey, Forest of Dean.
James married Harriett in 1858.
In 1871 census, James and Harriett and children were living in Yorkley, West Dean, Gloucestershire.
In 1881 cenusus, they were in Blakeney Hill, in the district of Westbury on Severn.
In 1891 Wales census James Willetts (Spelt "Willitts"), widower (Harriett died in 1889) is shown living in Cwmsifiog, New Tredegar with some of his children.
(My great grandfather, John Willetts, and his family also moved to Wales and lived in Machen.)
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

David

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 February 17 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello David
Thanks for your message.  William, son of James and Harriet was my interest in searching the family.  William Willetts and wife Ruth settled in Tirphil; their son Phillip is my main interest, he moved to Brithdir (my home village) and as you can see by my profile I am keen to learn about everyone with a connection. 

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daiwillets

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 February 17 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roy
Philip Willetts was indeed the son of William and Harriett. They lived in Tirphil / Pontlottyn and Philip was a station porter at Tirphil station. He was cautioned once for accepting a wrong coin by mistake. The caution is listed in the railway log book. In 1917, Philip Willetts married Margaret Morgan who lived in the same village. The 1911 Census shows both in St. Tyfaelog Parish which, I guess may be in Brithdir. Attached some additional info. from my family tree which you may know already.
Best regards
David