Author Topic: Ramsay Cox and Wickham research  (Read 5526 times)

Offline oreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsay Cox and Wickham research
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 January 11 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Looks like goodafternoon CaroleW 
I have found a reference of Julie Adelaide Elizabeth Ramsay Cox    -    married George Chapman 1903 in walkerville Adelaide  they had a son and 2 daughters  see   http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A070622b.htm
still working on the shipping lists to see when they travelled

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 January 11 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Wrong info - reply removed
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Kg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm normally a lurker, but I found this while searching on Google so had to reply!

I believe we may share someone in common through the Julia Wickham you mention.

Julia is the daughter of Maria Heath and Edgar Wickham. Maria is my great x4 granddad's (Francis Wilson Heath) sister. If this connection is correct then it would be great to share information as I have little on that side of the family.

Offline oreen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi KG
see I have just found this one in rootschat so i am still working it all out.  ???
is there a way I can send you the stuff i have?

Offline elizabethflynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 17 September 17 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I was very excited to read your post and I believe we are related!

Julia Wickham was my great great grandmother (referred to as Go Go). I was looking over old family photos and saw a reference to her son I believe was Sydney Ramsay Cox!

Her daughter Julie Adelaide Elizabeth Ramsay Cox is my great grandmother (referred to as Mambo). I believe she was a very good horsewoman as well. She married Henry George Chapman who was a professor.

She had 3 children - Mary Gladys, Dorothy and Rupert. Mary Gladys is my grandmother.

I too have heard of the myth of Colonel Blood and would be very interested to read what connection there is, or anything else about Cox and Wickham.

I have been looking over old family photos (very lucky to have) and have seen photos relating to relatives in Kent, England together with photos taken in Australia where Julie Adelaide Elizabeth Ramsay Cox lived in Blackheath, NSW Australia.

Offline oreen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 September 17 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,

My name is Pam Edmonds  .  If you check the tree  My paternal grandfather 'Bert' Edmonds married Eugenie Pauline Cox ,  hence the Cox connection.  I beleive your grandmother? was nicknamed Bubbles, and had visited Renmark  to see Lil and Pauline.

i would be happy to send you a USB with all the stuff I have if you are able to send an address . Must warn you tho My research is all over the place not a lot of order.....yet.
i am a bit of a 'get round to it' 

i beleive the Bible is in England with Cecil Cox relatives   but cannot confirm this.

Offline elizabethflynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 18 September 17 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

Your post has made my day! You would not believe it but I was showing my Dad (Patrick Flynn) old photos of his mother when she was just a baby, and he too mentioned she was nicknamed Bubbles. For you to then repeat it a few days later is so uncanny gives me goosebumps!

I love that my grandmother visited Lil and Pauline. Who is Lil btw? My grandmother also had the nickname Gogie (don't know if that is the right spelling!)

I would very much love to receive a USB too! I will send you a private message with my address. I have only really started researching on ancestry.com but would love to share what I have with you too!

Could you please send through your family tree as well? I could not see on the board but would very much like to see.

Sorry could you please let me know the significance of the Bible in England too with Cecil Cox relatives?

This is all so fascinating!

I am hoping to meet with my aunt and uncle to know more as well in regards to the family tree and I will let you know what I find out. Mary Gladys overall had four children - Rosemary, Helen, Michael and Patrick (my Dad).

I did read a post as well, with someone stating that they think Richard Heath (Maria Heath's father) may have had the surname Blood originally? Interesting if could find out more and if that was true!

Offline elizabethflynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 18 September 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi again Pam

Sorry just found in another post of yours information concerning the bible so all good, and that you were the one stating Richard Heath may have originally been Richard Blood!  :D

Now I know why bible so special!