Author Topic: Ann Davies born Canon Pyon 1825 - died in Weobley 1929  (Read 8249 times)

Offline C. Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Davies born Canon Pyon 1825 - died in Weobley 1929
« on: Sunday 06 February 11 23:29 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping I can trace descendants of Ann Davies who was born in Canon Pyon 1825 and who died in Weobley 1929 age 104, Ann was married to Henry Davies and as far as I know they had 6 of a family - Charles - Clara - William - John - Elizabeth - and Alice Annie, there was a daughter Mrs William Gibbons still living in Weobley in 1929, Alice Annie known as Annie moved to Glasgow and married Robert Gillespie, Annie was my Grandmother.

I would like to find descendants of Henry and Ann who with a bit of luck may still be living in Herefordshire or surrounding counties, if anyone knows of the family's please get in touch as I have pictures of Ann and family they might like to see.

Thanks
cmacd.

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Davies born Canon Pyon 1825 - died in Weobley 1929
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Suggest you try wrting to the local newspaper the Hereford Times [they also have a website] and asking, or try the Weobley Parish Church magazine

Offline C. Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Puffcat, I'll give it a try.

cmacd.

Offline clog13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 June 12 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hello
I was interested to read your post.  Henry Davies was my great (x4) uncle.  I only have found three children from his marriage to Ann - John Charles, John Thomas, and William Henry so would be interested in sharing any information with you.  I am descended from Henry's brother James.

Best Wishes

clog13

Offline C. Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi clog13, good to hear from you, I had not known Henry had a brother James so I am looking forward to exchaging information with you.

I'm sending you a private message with my email and we can take it from there.

Regards
cmacd.

Offline C. Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi clog13, I forgot to include my email in the personal message and now can't send anothr p. message so if you give me yours in a personald message I'll get in touch with you.

Regards
cmacd.

Offline clog13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin

I don't seem to be able to personal message yet but will try and work it out.  In the meantime - I did some digging and found some other children so I think we are talking about the right Davies family (there are a lot of them about in Herefordshire). 

"My" Henry Davies was born 31 Jan 1830 in Weobley to Uvedale Davies and his second wife Harriet Gardener.  Uvedale was a clock and watch maker in Weobley.  Henry had 3 brothers Richard, James and Charles and a sister Elizabeth Harriett.  He also had a half brother called George (form Uvedale's first marriage)

Henry married Ann 03 May 1853 in Burghill (about 5 miles from Weobley).  Henry died in 1868 and after then, Annie is listed as a laundress and lives with her son William (1881), John Thomas (1901) and then I found a daughter Eliza who she lives with in 1911 (Eliza is married to William Gibbons).

Hopefully when I can personal message I can send you the ged file and we can swap details.

It is great to be in touch with you.

clog113

Offline C. Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi clog13, to write a personal message sign yourself in and look to the left of this message , there will be two icons click on the green one and that then allow's you to write and send one private message to me, don't forget to include your email address can't believe I did that.

Hope to hear from you soon and yes we are talking about the same Davies family.

Take care
cmacd.

Offline NorthernGeezer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 March 24 21:44 GMT (UK) »
I am also a relative of Uvedale Davies, he's my 5 times great grandfather and his son James is my 4 times great grandfather.
I'm part way through research on Family Search so I've quite a bit of Information to share, get in touch for swapsy's.
I've attached to this message a document from Weobley Historical Society which should be of intersted to both of you.