Author Topic: COMPLETED - 1841 Census lookup please!  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census lookup please!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 February 11 11:08 GMT (UK) »
JL.
I didn't think my request was unreasonable. I did specify 'Denholme Lane' - not just Denholme! It isn't a very big place, and I didn't imagine there would be countless people of that surname in the same street!

The other thread, was in regard to my direct ancestor John ATKINSON.
His father was a Joseph ATKINSON.

Thus, since I have a burial of a Joseph Atkinson in 1846 of Denholme Lane, in the same church my John Atkinson is buried in 1856, I was interested to see the household of this person to see if I could confirm a link.

Offline Pels.

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 February 11 11:15 GMT (UK) »

Hi Katharine,

If you post any further queries regarding this area and your family on the West Riding board, you might find someone to help with local knowledge.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,44.0.html

Like JL, I was also confused by your request.

Pels.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 February 11 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes. I will post it there.

I was very specific with an address for the census - 'Denholme Lane'.

K.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 February 11 04:22 GMT (UK) »

Hi Katharine,

If you post any further queries regarding this area and your family on the West Riding board, you might find someone to help with local knowledge.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,44.0.html

Like JL, I was also confused by your request.

Pels.

I'm getting a bit that way as well!  ???  Pels. but! 1841c is the key!

For all Rootschat readers or researchers of this family

Bradford parish register have Bradford city its self and Sub Chapels within its greater parish that include Thornton area/Denholme before 1846 church , if a Groom of a couple  married from Thornton they would be entered in that chapelry list.  Joseph died 1906 in NSW Australia father John Atkinson Mother Hannah Foster death age unknown or not given on Rootschat. Married Bradford 1813 from Bradford city list  itself. I have not found any record yet that links John Atkinson & Sarah Lunn marriage 1832 Bradford as the same John as Hannah Foster marriage 1813 only a witness was a Foster (So could be)

Having Looked up Aussy records and YAS records in Leeds/ WYAS Wakefield and Bradford/ and Wills at YORK Borthwick insitute  and deeds registers-Thus its possible that the John husband of Hannah Foster M 1813 Bradford city could be as follows and reason for the 1841 census info! needed.

Title: Joseph Atkinson, one of 250 convicts transported on the Lady Kennaway, 30 January 1851.
Details: Sentence details: Convicted at York, Bradford Quarter Sessions for a term of 7 years on 30 June 1847.
Vessel: Lady Kennaway.
Date of Departure: 30 January 1851.
Place of Arrival: Van Diemen's Land.
Source: Australian Joint Copying Project. Microfilm Roll 92, Class and Piece Number HO11/17, Page Number 21 (13)

I do think John Atkinson in 1851 c with his 50 acres of Denholme was the John Atkinson Mannel Height death/Will 1856 buried Denholme church 1856 as the Sarah Lunn marriage 1832 but have serous reservations now that its the same John as the John and Hannah Foster marriage  1813.

As advised on other threads

Ance*ty.com free Library edition!! at most libraries around the world give access to all England and Wales census's (except 1911 census).

Well that my final six pennies worth on this Atkinson issue!.  :-\

Dobby

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED - 1841 Census lookup please!
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 March 16 10:26 GMT (UK) »
I have just been re-reading old threads as I am going over my information on the ATKINSON family.

In case anyone is reading the previous post....

this is my own family tree, and I have been gathering information slowly on this family. Based on this evidence I feel that I am in a position to be sure who is, and who is not part of my tree. And so, to clarify, I am most certain my ancestor John Atkinson DID marry twice, firstly to Hannah Foster (1813) and secondly to Sarah Lunn (1833). Again, he definately the same man that died at Manywell Heights (1856). At this stage however, I do NOT have concrete evidence that John's son Joseph was a convict to NSW.