Author Topic: Reading Gaol Records and prisoner photo album at BRO -- John Carter 1893  (Read 11129 times)

Offline tenjin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Gaol Records and prisoner photo album at BRO -- John Carter 1893
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 September 11 08:52 BST (UK) »
I have a scan of the Watchfield Horror article from BFHS if anyone would like a copy.

Offline Canadiangal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 September 11 17:12 BST (UK) »
Okay, Southerngal, Widds1965, and tenjin, we all need to connect!!  I have copies of several of the newspaper articles regarding the trial and execution of my great-great grandfather, I do have a scanned copy as well of the Disbury article in which it actual mentions my great grandfather and his brother and their emmigration to Canada.  I have been researching this intensively and know that they spent some time in the Farringdon Workhouse before their sister brought them to the Fegan Home to be sent to Canada. 

Never mind, I can talk more indepth with you about it all in a more private way! I will definitely be emailing you tenjin!!  You have no idea how much the discovery of all this has shocked and amazed my family!  My great-grandfather, Thomas Carter, was a very gentle and quiet man, obviously not at all like his father!!

Offline Linda K Berkeley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 July 17 20:11 BST (UK) »
Also, it seems he may be buried in our churchyard in Lambourn, Berkshire?