Author Topic: P.M's Posting's, emails,  (Read 1986 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
P.M's Posting's, emails,
« on: Monday 18 April 05 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
I have been looking through this topic to see if there is any explanation for Newbies, on what and what not to use P.M for. How they work and what they do,i cant find anything (on one page that is)I know it's confusing for newbies,(we were all one once ;D). Because P.M and Message boards both look the same. In the past i have received many requests, as have a lot of us,on a P.M. It isn't possible to conduct a request  for anything (not for me anyway) on a P.M Say for a lookup, because i/we need to refere to previous posting on the board.So i then gently guide them through the procedure of how to put the message on the board.They usually get it right first time ;) P.M's (not private       emails that go to your computer's in box) as mentioned are really only for something you don't want the public to see or a private message for that person only.I am not very good at explaining thing's so can someone put it in a nutshell  or rephrase it???

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: P.M's Posting's, emails,
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 05 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Yes you have it quite right about PM's.

The great thing about RootsChat is that any posting made, we all have the option to help with any means that we may have that could be common knowledge to books we have in the attic.

Personal Messages, are really meant for the information that you do now want others to know which we call PM'S

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk