Author Topic: Stainland /Elland brickwall pls-William Shepherd Shepherd b around 1747  (Read 6051 times)

Offline romneycoddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stainland /Elland brickwall pls-William Shepherd Shepherd b around 1747
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 12 23:36 BST (UK) »

Tks but couldnt find any family history of house on Calderdale web site - have only stuff about Lister family at S. House but no Shepherds linked to it. Lister clock makers took on an apprentice... called... Shepherd. Have the notes somewhere.. was it in 1700s?   

I hope that some kind history person has more than just BMD records of all these Shepherd carpenters & waevers in Warley and Luddenden 1600- 1800.
That would be amazing to prove where they lived. Perhaps the landowner Lord Saville records in Nottingham Archives will give us a clue.

Offline vestigeant

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 June 15 14:44 BST (UK) »
This is probably a long shot but...

Has anyone found variations with the Sheperd family name?

I'm trying to trace a Betty Shepard (note the A rather than the E) who would have been born sometime around 1820 in the Halifax area.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has come across Betty. 

Offline UNDERTAKER

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 June 15 17:21 BST (UK) »
Northowram is a fair way from elland. Sheperds House in warley is a listed building from memory and you can find out details on the calderdale mbc website regarding listed buildings.far shepherd farmhouse is I think in luddenden on the top of the hills. One of the houses was up for sale in the Halifax courier lately so may be some information there. The wards in the area were different in those days and warley ward included other addresses.
Hope this helps.

T.