Author Topic: Lurgan Foster Picture House & Family  (Read 6680 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Lurgan Foster Picture House & Family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 14:52 BST (UK) »
yep got it, just snowed under, will reply in next day or so

Still looking for someone who is researching this family to understand and learn more about them  unfortunately OrsonJasperRobbie must still be snowed under or unable to make contact
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline OrsonJasperRobbie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 15:07 BST (UK) »
yep snowed under, the stuff is at home, I just need to remember when I get there !!

Offline OrsonJasperRobbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 September 11 10:57 BST (UK) »
info sent be email

Offline Robbieboots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 September 15 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi There, i have been researching my roots and while browsing through posts, looking for inspiration i suppose, I unexpectedly came across yours about Fosters picture house. I believe i am related to the Foster family in Carnegie street, Lurgan. This is rather a difficult one to research for private reasons but if you could possibly give me some info on the children born to the proprietor of Fosters cinema, possibly Ernest and Joan i would be grateful.
Regards.   

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 September 15 15:40 BST (UK) »
Joan Osborne married Cecil Foster( not Ernest his older brother)

Possibly the best thing you can do is look at the Irish census online 1901 and 1911 http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ where you can find other information including the images of both census and it is free, where you can then find Cecil, Ernest and the other siblings.
You are looking for Alexander Foster the father born in USA and Margaret his wife born in NI. As far as I can work out they had 10 children born before 1911 Alexander and Margaret  married in 1893 at First Presbyterian Lisburn.

Hope that is some help at least you are able to see the real census for your research, let me know.

Also http://www.craigavonhistoricalsociety.org.uk/rev/hillgraceyphotos.html which shows a photograph of the Picture House says built in 1913 and closed in 1962, to then become a Dance hall.
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline Robbieboots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, thanks for your reply. Yes i an definitely interested in finding out more. Firstly i am finding this site a bit difficult to work with, i was not able to read all of your reply and could not find a way to directly reply to your message. I am retired and living in Germany at the moment but also have a house in Lurgan. I do not want to post my reasons for my intrest in the Foster family on an open forum as will become clear if we can do this by email?? Again thank you very much for your reply and hope to hear from you via email, my generic email is :- time_space_and_relativity@telenet.be .

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 November 15 19:21 GMT (UK) »
You need to post 3 messages before you can use the PM system, so by answering this you will then be able to PM anyone on here, by clicking on the information on the right under their screen name.
You need to delete your personal email as the moderators do not allow personal information on the direct forum