Author Topic: William Michael Daniel Tucker  (Read 4316 times)

Offline jackielooking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Michael Daniel Tucker
« on: Thursday 21 April 05 20:44 BST (UK) »
I am stuck getting past my great great grandfather.  All I know is that he was out in South Africa around 1900's.  He was involved in Anglo-Boer War and was sent to Australia to buy horses.  He married in South Africa, Minnie Eva Brimson and they had 7 children and then returned to England and had 5 more children.  I believe they left South Africa about 1917 on last ship out.  Any ideas? ???

Offline phoenix1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: William Michael Daniel Tucker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I am interested in Minnie Eva Brimson as she is a Waldock of Ashwell, Herts descendant.  Any information on her and William would be gratefully accepted.  I have a list of their 12 children.

Regards

Jennie in Austalia

Offline jackielooking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Michael Daniel Tucker
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 September 05 20:33 BST (UK) »
Dear Jennie,

There is a lot of information on the Waldocks from Ashwell in various gen. sites, one of which is gencircles.  Also, there are quite a few relatives on Genes Reunited.

Are you one of the descendant's of Jesse Waldock and Maria Hassall?

My great grandmother was Minnie Eva Brimson, born in Australia, mother Susannah Waldock, father Robert Tanner Brimson.  Any idea why these Waldock's went to Australia.  Robert Brimson went as a convict - he appears to have come from Tiverton, Devon and is registered on the bastardy lists.  Minnie then seems to have met William Michael Daniel Tucker in Australia where he went to buy horses for the English for the Boer War, he then went back to South Africa and Minnie followed.  I am stuck tracing where William Tucker came from.

It would be interesting to know where you fit in.

All the best,

Jackie :)