Author Topic: Robbins  (Read 1704 times)

Offline lasota

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robbins
« on: Wednesday 23 March 11 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be kind enough to look up a birth for me please.
John R ( think robin) robbins born sheffield 1860 Details from the 1901 census.

I am really stuck here. Have found his son Jack Robbins in 1911 census and have actually after 2 years found Johns grave sad as it was unmarked.
I know John Robbins 1860 father was also called John. I cant find any of them prior 1901. both these were hairdressers for a time.
many thanks
Wendy

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robbins
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 11 09:59 GMT (UK) »
A lot of work was done before on John R Robbins, hairdresser. There are two or three threads somewhere about them!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lasota

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 March 11 10:40 GMT (UK) »
sorry still looking sorry to post again getting desperate. Thought it might be worth a try as more records get updated

wendy

Offline PaulHolden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robbins (John Robin Robbins)
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 September 17 19:30 BST (UK) »
 Hi,
I have just joined because I was getting nowhere finding John Robin Robbins - as were a couple of others.  J R Robbins was my great grandfather.  His daughter Doris Gwendoline Robbins was my grandmother. Annoyingly I failed to interrogate my Gran as to the background of her dad but he died when she was 9 or 10, so she may not have been much help.  I was surprised to see the posts regarding him and am intrigued as to why he is being researched by "Lasota" and "Lizdb".  My 2nd cousin Chris Woods Nee Robbins - (was Jack Robbins' granddaughter) 
is also looking for JRR's details and neither of us have come up with anything.   Eleanor, his wife from 1893 ran a series of boarding houses/pubs in Shrewsbury.  My uncle Jim is Doris Robbins' son is still living at 93  - he says Doris never spoke of her father.   If any body is interested I do have details JRR's family.  Perhaps one of you can tell me why he is of interest to you.

Paul Holden

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 September 17 09:16 BST (UK) »
Rootschat is a forum where we all help each other. You do not have to be researching a family yourself, or be related, or have a particular interest in the family to join in and help in the search!

I (Lizdb) am not in any way connected to this Robbins family. But obviously in the past I helped hunt around for info for someone who was.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulHolden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 September 17 12:33 BST (UK) »
I have found a lot more information on John Robin Robbins and his ancestry / family. If anybody is interested please reply and I will pass on the details.
Paulholden