Author Topic: burial records for the Old Rashee Cemetery  (Read 4656 times)

Offline gmg706

• RootsChat Extra
  • timber race aboard Scots Leap
    • View Profile
burial records for the Old Rashee Cemetery
« on: Thursday 24 March 11 12:26 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any burial records for the Old Rashee Cemetery; particularly, any burials of the Service Family:

Per census of the Ballyeaston Presbyterian Church dating to 1813; the Service Family lived in Rashee

John Service – born 1775
Elizabeth Service – born 1775
Jennet Service, daughter of Robert Service and Mary (Cameron) Service. Jennet Service was born 3 Nov 1828 in Rashee

Other families of interest:
 Cameron
Archibald Wilson, died 1795

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
George
Bell (Fermanagh, Ire), Cameron (Antrim, Ire), Devlin (Tyrone, Ire), Gaston (Antrim, Ire) McKell (Armagh, Ire), Muse "Mewes", Service (Antrim, Ire), Wilson (Antrim, Ire)

Offline jwaugh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: burial records for the Old Rashee Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 11 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi George

There are no official records of Burials there but the Ulster Historical Foundation did a survey of the headstones and have them on their website http://www.historyfromheadstones.com/

I did a search for you and found this:
SERVICE, GILMER, BELL
Erected by Jane Service of Rashee, to the memory of her mother, Agnes Service, who departed this life 15th April 1850, aged 33 years, also her father RObert Service, who died 10th January 1852, aged 43 years, and grand mother, Sarah Gilmer, who died 24th September 1853, aged 72 years, also her daughter Sarah Bell, who died 13th October 1867, aged 5 years, and the above Jane Bell, mother of Sarah, who died 8th February 1893, aged 60 years, also Agnes Bell, daughter of Jane Bell, who died 30th August 1897, aged 37 years, and James Bell, of Agnes Bell, who died 24th December 1907, aged 78 years,

John
Stewart, Stuart, Todd, Duncan, Waugh, in Ballyclare, Ballyeaston, Rashee, Cairncastle areas of Antrim, Northern Ireland (Ireland)

Offline greenservice

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi George (gmg706),

My GGG grandfather was Robert Service (b. 1785 in Antrim, possibly Ballyeaston). He appeared to have many children (from different "wives"), including Thomas, David, Mary (mother Mary Cameron) Elizabeth (mother Margeret Beggs). In the IGI records, Robert Service was born in 1785 and died in 1847, and married Hannah Carrell inbetween.
Thomas and David can be found in the UK 1841 census living in Liverpool UK.

Do you have any information Robert Service parents, siblings etc

Thanks, Reg

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 July 17 11:22 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old thread, but just for the record there are a couple of other Service headstones which I don't think were picked up by the UHF.

The top part of this one is missing:
...............his wife who departed
........ June 1801 AE 24 Years.
[Al]so JOHN SERVICE who died
25th January 1880 aged 28 years
And his wife JENNY who died
23rd August 1881, aged 24 years.

And this rather warn one lies flat on its back:
Here lies
the Body of John Service
of Rashee who departed
this life the 2nd Day of May 1813