Author Topic: Thomas Edmund Hudman  (Read 13074 times)

Offline ceemac23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Edmund Hudman
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 December 14 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Colin,

That is all very interesting.  I thought that Devereaux was Alan. You are right, email would be better.  I think I needed to send 3 messages through rootschat before it will allow me to private message you.  So this is the third message! 
Happy Christmas
Caroline

Offline EvelynMikaelson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 09 January 16 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I don't know if you are both still researching this but I may be able to be of some help. My given name is Tia Whyte, I am the granddaughter of Thomas Edmund Lewis Whyte, I have a lot of information about the Whyte family, my grandmother has a big leather suitcase full of photos, newspaper cuttings and a lot of other things from Smyth & Co and about the family in general. I have been told about Alan's death and my grandfather even got asked to take over the factory I do believe, he had the Lewis Whyte family gold watch and also the family silver with the crest on, I now have the silver. Any information you need to know my grandmother will know, sadly my grandfather passed away this year but I know they were very close to Patrick Whyte. My Grandfather has brothers who are alive who I have contact with too which will know all about Smyth & Co. I have heard many stories about the factory and Balbriggan. Let me know if I can be of help  :)

Offline ceemac23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 09 January 16 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tia,

I was delighted to see your message this morning.  Yes both of us are still carrying out research, and have been in contact with each other quite a bit.  We would be most grateful for any information that you may have.
Best Wishes

Offline EvelynMikaelson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 January 16 08:27 GMT (UK) »
No problems :) what would you like to know in particular? Also I will put you in touch with my auntie Melanie Whyte, she has the leather suitcase with all the photos and information, she did all the research and went to Ireland and traced it all back so she will know everything, I may even be able to put you in touch with my grandmother, who knows everything there is to know :)

Offline Mary7

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 January 16 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my name is Melanie Whyte daughter of Thomas Edmund Lewis Whyte son of Devereux Whyte of Balbriggan, Ireland. Who was the son of Lewis Whyte and Dorothey Hudman. After reading your messages, I do believe we are related, I am so happy to find long lost relatives. :)

Offline ceemac23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 13 January 16 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary7

I've sent you a message.

Regards

Offline Scotcan47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 00:55 BST (UK) »
I am searching for the children of Deveraux Whyte and Mary(McInerney) Whyte.  I have a copy of their marriage.

Offline Scotcan47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary7
I believe you father is my cousin Bernadette's half brother. My cousin was adopted in 1944.  Her mum was Mary McInerney Whyte widow of Deveraux.  On her birth certificate only her mums name no father.  My Aunt who lived in Scotland adopted her.  My cousin died 2 years ago with cancer but her 2 daughters who didn't know their mum was adopted would dearly love to find some family of their mum.  Hope you can help thanks.
Christine

Offline Scotcan47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 02:41 BST (UK) »
Mary7
I tried to pm you but your box is full
Christine