Author Topic: James Coffey, Glencar, Married Norah Shea  (Read 15470 times)

Offline irishabroad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Coffey, Glencar, Married Norah Shea
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Did you receive any response from Gerry - he has not been in touch since spring 2012.  I have a little copy book diary of Pc 108a James Coffey, found in a derelict house in Dublin. date 1887.

Offline oisinmason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irishabroad....I never heard back from Gerry. Would it be possible to get a copy of the documents you have? Thanks Oisín

Offline loudam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Oisin

I'm researching coffeys from around the same Area too, if you'd like to share notes let me know to see if theres a match somewhere along the way.

Louise
O Riordan/Riordan / Dorgan/ Barry (Cork & Rathcooney)
O Sullivan & O Shea/Shea (Cork)
O Connell (Cork)
Walsh (Cork & Killarney)
Baldwin & Stanton, Sullivan, (Cork)
Lonergan (Cork, Tipperary, Limerick)
Deady ( Cork-Kanturk)

Offline Gatsby1960

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 December 13 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Did you receive any response from Gerry - he has not been in touch since spring 2012.  I have a little copy book diary of Pc 108a James Coffey, found in a derelict house in Dublin. date 1887.

Hi Annie.

I hope you are keeping well.

I have been very ill since we last 'spoke' culminating in open heart surgery in November last year. The op was successful but I suffered renal failure post op and spent 25 days in ICU on a dialysis machine.

In January of this year my wife Norma was diagnosed with cancer and has been in and out of hospital 11 times this year. She is due in again in the next week and may be in over the Christmas.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with you, but with all that has been happening, I didn't even turn on the Pc. When I did turn it on there was a virus on it which prevented me from accessing anything. I had it removed the other day and am trying to do catch up on everything.

Apologies again.

Regards,

Gerry.
PS. Get any further with Zion Mills?

Offline DBUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, do you still have this notebook? My great grandad Coffey was a pc married to Norah, in Dublin, Malpas Terrace/Place, I have a formal picture of the 2 of them, he has handlebar moustache and wearing medals. Would love to see this if possible? Thanks

Offline irishabroad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 March 19 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have it, the Dublin Police Museum also have a digital version. they might like a photo as well as me? I got very fond of this pair - she wrote a lively poem - the manuscript is digital on another computer. I will look up and email you. great to share it - burning a hole through my shelf for years!

Offline DBUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 March 19 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I will do x am on hols at the moment will be back next Sunday, can you do me your email and I will send the picture to you? Or I can send you mine? Do you know how we could access the digital version I know all my family would be thrilled to see it, thanks, Donna

Offline irishabroad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 March 19 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna  I am Annie, I'll send it, when I have your email address - xxxxxxx. I'm in Dublin.  I already sent it to one of your family in or around Birmingham I believe, a few years ago.

Offline DBUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 March 19 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie, my details are xxxxxx, I still have a sister and cousins in Dublin, but wasn’t aware of extended family in Birmingham, so that is really interesting, will email that pic on Sunday/Monday when I’m back, along with a pic of their son, my grandad, who was a merchant seaman, and his son,my dad, if you want? Best wishes, Donna