Author Topic: Ellen Wilson b Gresford 1865  (Read 2885 times)

Offline adders22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen Wilson b Gresford 1865
« on: Sunday 17 April 11 16:47 BST (UK) »
Please could someone help me. I'm trying to trace Ellen Wilson born according to the 1891 and 1901 census records in Gresford Denbighshire in about 1865.
First child Robert W Richards was also born in Gresford according to the 1891 and 1901 censuses.
I have a marriage certificate  to John Edward Richards, which took place in Nottingham and  gives her father's name as William Wilson, occupation gardener. 
I've been unable to find the Wilson family in the 1871 or 1881 census. I found an Eleanor Wilson but she living with a grandparent. and I don't know how to proceed, can anyone help please? Thank you

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Wilson b Gresford 1865
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 April 11 17:06 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat adders22.
Have you tried following Hannah Wilson, born 1805 back in Census entries to see if she has a Son William?
Also from the 1871 Census William Wilson born c 1859 is likely to be Eleanor/Ellens Brother and he should be on the 1861 Census hopefully with his Father!

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 April 11 17:10 BST (UK) »
https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/1L7J-FR9/p_10308502825

Looks like in 1881 Eleanors Mother ANNE has remarried and Hannah Wilson born c 1804 is down as Mother in Law to Head of Household Robert JONES

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 April 11 17:32 BST (UK) »
I think Anne/e has dropped her age a bit to Marry a younger Robert JONES;
1861 they are in Cheshire;

1861 Census
Chester St Oswald, Cheshire
RG9/2631/23/13
William WILSON, 35, Head, Mar, Railway Porter, born Lancaster, Denbighshire, Wales
Ann, 37, Wife, Mar, Family Cook, born Moss, Denbighshire
Catherine, 5, Daug, born Gresford, Denbigh
WILLIAM, 2, Son, born Gresford

1851 Census
HO107/2502/225/28
William WILSON age 25, birth c 1826, Laister, Denbighshire is with his Parents in Gresford;
HANNAH born c 1805, Isyoord, Denbighshire
CHARLES born c 1802, Everton, Flintshire

Offline adders22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 April 11 17:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you that's brilliant, I shall carry on from there  :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 April 11 18:00 BST (UK) »
Excellent :)
Its late here so try finding the Marriages etc on FreeBMD.
I'll be back on tomorrow night if you need any help.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 April 11 18:10 BST (UK) »
To be really sure of what I have posted you should get Ellens Birth Cert.
I think this is it;
Ellen WILSON, Sept 1863, Wrexham, 11b 285

It is the only Ellen/Eleanor Reg 1863-1866 in Denbighshire and is Reg in Wrexham which is the Reg District for Gresford on Census Entries.
It is possible that Ellen was illegitimate and that she just put a false Father on her Marriage Cert.
The reason I am saying this is that Charles/Hannah Wilson besides having a Son William born c 1826 have a Daughter ANN born c 1839 on the 1851 Census with them.
Therefore she may be the Ann JONES born c 1841 with Husband Robert and that would still make Ellen/Eleanor her Daughter.
Arent Family Trees great!!

EDIT has anyone on this Board access to Parish Records for Gresford area please.
Wales is not my area of expertise so would appreciate help/opinions from any of you local experts on what I have posted for our new Rootschat member.  :)

Offline adders22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 April 11 19:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help so far....  I wasn't sure whether to make the leap from Ellen to Eleanor or not when I was checking,
I've sent for the birth certificate so I'll see what that brings, It would be nice if those records still fit as they take me back a couple more generations. Ellen definately had William as her father on the marriage certificate.
meanwhile I think I'm quite confused!   ;) ??? ;)
Anne

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 April 11 20:06 BST (UK) »
Local knowledge suggests the places Trish mentions in the 1851 and 1861 Census are Lavister Denbighshire,Isycoed Denbighshire and Overton Flintshire.Lavister lies about halfway between Chester and Wrexham.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk