Author Topic: (Jack Huxley) NSW death Elizabeth HUXLEY (nee PERKINS)  (Read 12332 times)

Offline macwillscohux

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
(Jack Huxley) NSW death Elizabeth HUXLEY (nee PERKINS)
« on: Tuesday 19 April 11 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm looking for the death notice of Elizabeth HUXLEY nee Perkins.
She is listed below in my GF's wedding transcript.
From what I have learned she died sometime in the 1930's .
I'm trying to find out any information on my GF's parents as we know nothing of them. We are unsure if they were his birth parents, and am trying to see if he appears on their death transcripts.
There are a couple of names that match on NSW BDM but the years seem wrong.
I was very fond of my GF and any information would be greatly appreciated.

JACK LINDSAY HUXLEY
STATUS -BACHELOR
PLACE OF BIRTH -SYDNEY NSW
OCCUPATION -LABOURER
AGE -27
USUAL RESIDENCE -CAMP STREET FORBES NSW
FATHER -THOMAS HUXLEY (DECEASED)
OCCUPATION -LABOURER
MOTHER -ELIZABETH PERKINS (DECEASED)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Macwillscohux
Williamson, Moran, Boles, Mclachlan, Huxley

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup please, NSW death Elizabeth HUXLEY (nee PERKINS)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
It may be worth requesting a lookup for Jack Lindsay HUXLEY birth details c1912.  Some chatters have resources for births in NSW to 1918.  Just to make sure the parents' names are correct.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline macwillscohux

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will do that, not sure if he was born Huxley but worth a try.

Many thanks

Offline jacklyn13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 12:35 BST (UK) »
By any chance do you know where she died? 

Offline macwillscohux

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 12:54 BST (UK) »
I don't know for sure, he used to travel back to sydney when he lived at Forbes during the late 20's 30's

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
There are 2 Elizabeth Huxley deaths on NSW BDM online in the 1930s

Do you know her parents' names?
The one at Dubbo seems most likely, given that you say Jack used to travel down from Forbes a lot. to Sydney (Dubbo would be on the way).  Though Lithgow is also on the road to Sydney from Forbes or Dubbo (over the Blue Mountains), but Dubbo is closer to Forbes.

14797/1931  HUXLEY  ELIZABETH J  father WILLIAM P  mother JANE  LITHGOW     
18179/1932  HUXLEY  ELIZABETH A  father WALTER J  mother ELIZABETH A  DUBBO   

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 17:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry, but to get to Sydney from Forbes and vice versa, it would be unlikely to travel via Dubbo,  as that would be adding around nearly 200 miles extra to the journey. (Dubbo is north north west of Forbes,  Sydney is almost due east of Forbes).   Usual route in 1930's by road would be Forbes, Parkes, Orange, Bathurst, Lithgow, Katoomba, Penrith, Sydney.  If by train, then insert Blayney as well.    If Dubbo to Sydney, then Dubbo, Wellington, Orange, Bathurst, Lithgow or Dubbo, Wellington, Mudgee, Lithgow, etc ....  doubtful if anyone would go Dubbo, Parkes, Forbes, Eugowra, Orange, Bathurst, Lithgow ... unless intending to spend up to four more hours on the road.  Rail link did not connect Dubbo and Forbes either ...   

If a death occurred in Forbes, then it should be registered as at Forbes.   Henry Lawson (the poet) well his birth was registered at Forbes way back in 1867 ...  

1937 NSW Electoral Roll  John Huxley, Club House Hotel Forbes, labourer   and back in 1903 the NSW Electoral roll has Frederick George Huxley on the Bogan Road, Forbes as a selector, and a Mary Huxley on the Bogan Road, at her domestic duties.

It is my understanding that it is possible that the returns for BDM from quite a number of central western townships in the pre WWII era may not have been received regularly by the NSW BDM Registrar General and that only limited attempts at reconciling the local registers with the Sydney register has been undertaken,  ie... it is possible that the d.c. has been recorded at Forbes, but has not ever been lodged at the Sydney H.O.   This also seems to be the case for Wagga, Young, Parkes, Peak Hill ... not all the clerical staff in the rural towns were full time employees devoted solely to recording bdm events, but were part timers attached to the sherrifs office or to the court houses etc. 

If you think the death of Eliza/beth Huxley occurred in the Forbes District, have you considered contacting the Forbes Family Hisotry group, the last time I passed that way (on the way to Dubbo taking the long route of course with family touring central west places), the Forbes family history group were quite active with good records and plenty of space in the town library, next door to the court house and opposite a very pleasant park.

My notes show they had a PO box, perhaps it was this one http://home.westserv.net.au/~ffhg/   I notice they are transcribing death notices from their local newspapers, and are back to the 1940's

Cheers JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline macwillscohux

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 21:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks JM,
I live an hour from Forbes so I know the area well. I gained most of my information from the Forbes newspaper, which indicated he was a paid Rugby League player who travelled by train easch season to live and play in Forbes. There is an entry which says he lived at Stanmore at one point. That is also where I got the indication his mom was living there because he got injured and missed the oppurtunity to visit his mother when chosen in the country representative team that played in sydney.
His family is from Sydney not Forbes Im sure but his wires family are.
Thanks for helping with this one.
Mac

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 03:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry JM and Mac
I was just generalising, not realising that Mac is a 'local'.

Would he have gone by train?  Bus?  Car?   There were not as many roads in country NSW in the 1930s as there are today.

Also, think on this:  The place where a death is registered is not necessarily where the person lived.
Could it be that on one trip, Elizabeth accompanied him and died on the way? 
In which case Lithgow would be more likely.
Might be worth getting a partial transcript at least?

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)