Author Topic: Michael Dwyer Siblings  (Read 35680 times)

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 May 11 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermo
No I dont know anything more about Michaels brothers and sisters I would take it that some of them would have remained in Ireland but then again I dont know. But his children did go to Australia. I would presume the 4 eldest children who remained in Ireland till 1828 stayed with either their parents John and Mary Dwyer or with other relatives.

In relation to the Donohoe/Donoghoe keep an open mind on this as I have found names are spelled wrong. I would also suggest think outside the picture when researching as sometimes info you have been supplied with from other sources/relatives leads to you to research the wrong line/track. This has happened to me recently, and the more I pressed my relatives on the info I have been given, the more they will think about it and hey I have received new info (not on michael dwyer).

Is there any chance you could post what information you have i.e. dates of birth, marriage, where born etc and I will try and give you hand.
The name Keogh rings a bell with me and Michael Dwyer but why I dont know.

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
Dwyer - Carlow and Wicklow
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Noctor/Naughter - Wexford tarahill
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Wafer - Wexford and Dublin
Whelan - Carlow

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 May 11 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermo

Here is a family with John Keogh from knocknamunnion on Irish Census 1901
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Imael_North/Knocknamunnion/1809772/

Is this your John Keogh - I just think we should start going here and go backwards.

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 May 11 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Paula

That's John, my grandfather, his parents Michael and Mary and their family.  It was his sister Lizzie - 8 in 1901 - who married her cousin Tom Donohoe in 1924, I believe.  I think my best bet is to work back through the Donohoe side since that's the name that seems to be connected with the Dwyers.  If he was Lizzie's first cousin then his mother was either a Keogh or a White (Lizzie's mother's maiden name).  I don't know where Tom Donohoe came from - probably in Wicklow but I can't be sure - or when he was born.  So I'm going to need to trawl for his birth and a Donohoe/Keogh or Donohoe/White marriage.  I suspect I will need to get into the church records for the Glen of Imaal area.  As far  as I can work out that probably is the Dunlavin parish.  Hoping to be in Dublin next week and to have time for a visit to the National Library.

Dermot
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 May 11 23:10 BST (UK) »
Paula

A PS to my last - my great grandparents Michael Keogh and Mary White were married in November 1879.  The marriage cert gives his address as Coliga and hers as Camera.  They obviously moved to Knocknamunnion later but all these townlands are all pretty close to one another.  Camera, or Camara, has Dwyer connections so the Whites could be the link.  Mary White's father was William while Michael Keogh's father was John.  That's as much as I have at the moment.

Dermot
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 May 11 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermot

Could this be William White
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Imael_North/Coan/1809736/

Could this be Thomas Donoghue aged 5 cousin who married Lizzie
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Imael_North/Colliga/1809747/

Could this be Anne Kelly aged 16 (grandmother) - also see Thomas Burke who is a brother of Anne Kelly head of family
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Imael_North/Leitrim/1809774/

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 May 11 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Paula

The 16-year old Annie Kelly is my grandmother alright.  I found that census return too and all the details match with information I already had from my mother (including John Nolan whom my great grandmother Anne married a little later).  The 5-year old Thomas Donoghue is a definite possibility, especially given the address.  It would make him a few years younger than Lizzie but that would be no impediment.  I'll pursue their marriage record to verify.  The William White find is very interesting too but, beyond his name, I have nothing to corroborate it.  The fact that one of my grandfather's sisters was Anne, like William's wife, is suggestive though it's obviously a common name.  But I have not come across Coan before in association with the family and my great grandmother Mary White's address on her marriage cert was Camera.  Have to suspend judgement on that one.

You are very good to go to the trouble of digging this info out.  I really appreciate it.

Best regards

Dermot 

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermot
Just wondering have you gotten any further
with your research
Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 20:01 BST (UK) »
Paula

Not much progress I'm afraid.  Actually, no progress! I was in Dublin at the end of May and went to the National Library to look at the Dunlavin church records but I found nothing.  The records are very faded and a lot of the pages on the microfilm were virtually blank.  I'll be up again at the end of this month and will have another go.  In the meantime, I'm going to order the marriage certificate of my grandfather's sister Lizzie and Tom Donohue which may give me a link with the Thomas Donoghue of Colliga link you found.  It's a frustratingly slow process.  I console myself by pursuing other sides of the family!

I'll keep you posted on this thread.

Best regards

Dermot

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 November 11 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dermot
The following info might be of help to you

Could this be Thomas Donoghue aged 5 cousin who married Lizzie
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Imael_North/Colliga/1809747/

In relation to the above quote I have found a Donoghue/Keogh marriage - Thomas Donoghue and Jane Donoghue NEE KEOGH married Oct - Dec 1891, Baltinglass Vol 2 Page 386  who were the parents of Thomas aged 5 on census (cousin who marr Lizzie Keogh).

This could be the connection as Jane Donoghue nee Keogh was probably sister of Michael Keogh

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford