Author Topic: WILSON and TAYLOR Brick walls!!  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Lancashire1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILSON and TAYLOR Brick walls!!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 20 May 11 15:54 BST (UK) »
These are the marriage details ive taken another look at.

Henry Wilson age 31Wheelwright Bachelor of Coppull m Margaret Ellen Seddon - 21 Spinster of Platt Bridge  20 May 1893 St Mary, Ince
Henry's father was George Wilson, deceased, Wheelwright
Margaret's father was Henry Seddon, deceased, Mill hand
Witnesses: Thomas Wilson & Mary Ellen Pennington

If he was 31 in 1893... he must have been born in 1862.

The only other henry i could find with a father named George  and matching birth year for henry was...

Henry Wilson age 19

Ok, the occupations don't quite match.... this brick wall is getting bigger..... :l

the henry listed with George and Betsy doesn't match up due to the ages given on the census'....

For example the 1871 census. It says hes 20.... That would mean he must have been born abt 1851.

This is what i mean by surely they wouldn't have got his birth year wrong by ten years??? Unless the only other conclusion is there is another Henry with the father George, both wheelwrights in coppull that we haven't come across yet??

Taylor.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 May 11 16:06 BST (UK) »
I wasn't actually thinking that anybody had got his age incorrect, more wondered if he had deliberately lied to cover up the difference in age between himself and his wife.

Perhaps I could suggest that you check the Parish Registers for Coppull and see if you can find an entry for Henry at that date.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Linda Ann Wilkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 19 August 17 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, Henry Wilson is my husband Alan's great Grandfather.I have done a tree on family Search.org. which is a free site,but briefly: Henry Wilson 1851-1916 ,Father George Wilson 1816-1899,Mother Betsy Collier 1821-1896.Grandfather George Wilson 1781-1836 who had The Black Lion at Heapy.Also have a look at Charles inns and taverns blogspot.co.uk,for details on both Georges.Hope this helps. Linda Wilson

Offline Linda Ann Wilkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 August 17 18:00 BST (UK) »
Sorry should be Chorley inns and taverns!