Author Topic: Foot family  (Read 12686 times)

Offline mhfoot51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Foot family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 June 13 13:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Milliepede! I had seen a reference to Bartholomew in other ancestry.com family trees but did not know the source, nor that he was a sailor. A Bartholomew Foot appears in the 1841 census of Shaston St. Peters ED4, 60 years old, a weaver. With him is Martha, also 60 years (presumably his wife), John a stone mason, aged 20, Louisa, also 20, and Charles, 2 weeks. It's tempting to make the connection, but Louisa is clearly not Jane, so this raises more questions than provides answers.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 June 13 13:51 BST (UK) »
In 1851 we have Bartholomew age 74 widower with a couple of grandsons Charles 10 and John 8.
He's a weaver not a sailor so either I read that wrong or we have two different Bartholomews!

Bartholomew Bouverie baptism 2 June 1776 father John Foot.  Death for B in 1859.

Will see if can find a marriage for Bartholomew and Martha - here's one to Martha Cole 1815 that fits with the Cole middle name below for John.

Children B & Martha include Charles 1815 - John Cole 1817 he is the one on 1841 with wife Louisa marriage 1840.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Foot39

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 August 16 00:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, We are researching the Foot family from Dorset. I noticed that you have a George Foot from Redcliff, farming 16 acres. We have in our line a John Foot from Redcliff, Dorset who married a Phillipina Davis, 1764, Wareham,Dorset. On the Marriage entry it is stated that John is from Redcliff. John & Phillipina had 4 children. Are you aware of any relationship between John & George at all?

Offline FootSouthWest

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 May 21 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hello all!

I'm a decedent of the Foot family we all seem to be speaking of!

George Foot 1751 Lytchett Minster
George Foot 1779 Lytchett Minster                     
John Foot 1823 Lytchett Minster
-Moved to Southampton 1858
-Died Portsmouth 1901                                   
Edwin Foot 1861 Portsmouth
John Foot 1910 Portsmouth

This may interest you as I've not seen anything on the big family move to Portsmouth yet. Something significant moved a good number of our family to Portsmouth. Now something that has really got my attention is the fact George and Susanna Married in Gosport (next to Portsmouth) in 1812; suggesting some connection to Hampshire before the family moved there.   

So we have George and Susanna Foot (mullett) who lived in Post Green House, Dorset.
Yet where married in Gosport. Which would have been no small affair from the magnificent church it was held in.

Personally I feel there's something large about this family thats just out of sight, I'll be visiting Wareham, Lytchett Minster and Portsmouth this month and will report back if I find anything of value.

Best wishes

Joel