Author Topic: Haller/Ezekiel  (Read 3674 times)

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Haller/Ezekiel
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 May 11 10:46 BST (UK) »
Robyn - best of luck with the search. I'm just adding that as far as I'm aware there is no complete source online for Indian records (as in the British in India) & even using the various sources there are gaps - my OH has an ancestor born there in the 1850s - his baptism is on the films, but not so far online on any site I've checked. I was lucky as he appears on several censuses here & was able to work out the place of birth from those.

Offline amandagem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 April 18 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Robyn, have only just logged onto this site today and a little unfamiliar
I am a descendant of the Haller's - my ancestor Mabel being the sister of your Mary
As you may have found out all the siblings were indeed born in Poona, India
My father Leslie Steele (born in Poona) son of Mabel went back to Staffordshire with his mum and dad (Edward Steele) as Edward originated from Staffordshire.  Leslie met my mother and they married then later emigrated out to NZ around 1963.  I had little information as my father passed when I was 12 yrs, though heard from mum that one of his aunts had emigrated to Australia.  Both my parents were only children so have little information.  Only found Charles Haller through familysearch recently and did not know a surname for Susan
I was born in NZ and still living here.  Would love your contact, hopefully you receive this...
Amanda

Offline bookaddictau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 06:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Amanda,  I am researching this family for my best friend who would be your 2nd cousin. We were both recently in NZ for a cruise!
I have 2 of Mary's siblings only known as Female 1 Haller and Female 2 Haller.....Mabel must be one of them as I don't have her name. I only have Mary Ann, Ada and Elizabeth. Could you please tell me her date of birth? Are you on Ancestry.com? I have photos of Susan and Mary Ann Haller/Mellor there.  How could I help you further? Robyn

Offline amandagem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 07:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Robyn. Lovely to hear from you. Re your cruise, most likely passed through Auckland then where we live!
Mabel's birth date is abt 1889 do not have birth cert, though have other certs that suggests this year
I am not on Ancestry yet, have manually been recording info that has grown and currently loading onto Family Tree Maker then planning to go to Ancestry and online.
Started in 2014 and hit some walls that have since been broken through using the LDS site.  Stopped for a few years and have picked up again.
New to Rootschat and keen to private message, make contact and share some information, photos I have -  though there appears to be a minimum amount of posts as a new user before I can send you a private message?