Author Topic: Benjamin Lamoon  (Read 27851 times)

Offline TerryW6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Lamoon
« Reply #54 on: Monday 02 July 12 17:21 BST (UK) »
Simon,

Grandson or great-grandson? Do you live in Kent or Wiltshire?

Offline smol2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 02 July 12 19:23 BST (UK) »
Terry,

Grandson, if he is the same William. My Lamoon line goes:

Ronald (Father), 1924 to 1997 - William Clement, 1874 to 1951 - Joseph, 1843 to 1926 - Joseph, 1794 to 1876.

I am now living in Hertfordshire but originally from Dover.

Does that fit in with your tree?

Regards,

Simon.

Offline TerryW6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 02 July 12 19:57 BST (UK) »
Ah. OK. Your brother is Robert. My mother was your father's sister, Alice known as "Dinkie".PM me your e-mail address please.

Offline leolamoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 30 August 12 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Leo frank la'moon. My father was Frank leo .His father was Martin Lamoon and i believe Martins father was Henry.I have seen a post from one of your contacts who said Henrys birth document did not list any parents names. I was told years ago that my surname contains a hyphen as you can see above but cant find out where it came from. The u k resident who you tried and failed to email is the niece of Mary who was one of Martins children. I can try to find her U K phone number for you but when i spoke to her some months ago she had got no further back than i have. If indeed Henrys parents are not named i cannot see how he can be identified with any other family line
                                                          Regards

Offline Derek Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 21 August 15 04:21 BST (UK) »
G'day..My name is Derek Anderson, and I'm Frank Leo Lamoon's grandson. Frank Leo was married to Joanna Spooner, but they split up about 1928/29. Frank & Joanna had four children: Frank (b about 1903); Wilfred (b about 1906); Irene (Reeny) (b about 1913 but died of diphtheria in WWI); and my mum Olive Ivy May (b 23rd Feb. 1921). Frank and Joanna went their separate ways when mum was about 7 or 8, so I never knew him. Joanna was 42 when mum was born and died when I was about 6 months old, late 1948 or early 1949 when she would have been 69/70, so I never knew her either. Mum said her grandfather Martyn (that's how she spelt it) was tall, about 6'3'' and was in the Coldstream Guards and used to take his grandson Frank down to the guards barracks sometimes. Mum married my dad Edward (Ted) Anderson in October 1941 as they lived in London throughout the war (due to dad's job), and had three boys: Graham (b 1944); Barry (b 1946) and myself (b June 1948). We migrated to Australia in 1957 and have lived here eversince. Mum died in 1999 aged 78, and dad in 2013, just short of his 92nd birthday.

Offline Derek Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 21 August 15 05:49 BST (UK) »
Hi...I've just been reading Advance 0306 dated 14July. His mum Ethel was my mum's aunt, who apparently owned a coffee shop come boarding house, and lived just down the road from where my mum lived. She remembers her Aunt Ethel as a jolly woman, always well dressed, and mum used to play with one of the youngest boys Jacky. Apparently she was good company for mum and her mum Joanna.
Does any of these ring bells with some of you? I have no actual records, but mum wrote down her life story till she was married and I've just finished transcribing into an easily readable document, so I'm sort of familiar with some of the history I've seen here.
Hope all these adds up? 
In my first post I said their grandfather Martyn (who according to mum lived to 92) used to take mum's brother Frank up to the old Guards barracks...well that was Green Park near the Guards Domain.
Reading this stuff is all very interesting as I don't know a lot about mum's family on her side. ;) ;)

Offline Derek Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 23 August 15 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hi...for Peej2006. If you read the posts I put up recently (numbered 58/59), your grandmother Ethel was my Mum's aunt. Her father, my grandfather (who I never met) was Frank Leo Lamoon, as you know is your grandmother's brother. It is through Frank Leo that I got into this dialogue. So I'm discovering all these relatives I was only vaguely aware. My Mum's Mum Joanna was close to her sister-in-law, your grandmother Ethel.
Cheers Derek Anderson

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 03 September 15 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, came across this and tought that it may be of use.

Marriage:

Joseph Lamoon
address: Templemoon
rel: Church of Ireland
occ: 74th Regiment

Mary Wright
address: Templemore
rel: Church of Ireland

married 8 May 1836
St Columb's, co Derry
by C. Seymour ( note says Charles Seymour was born in county Galway and was curate of St Columb's in co Derry from 1830-1839)
witness: John Shields?

Hope you can use this, Kim