Author Topic: BAILEY family, Dawley.  (Read 10852 times)

Offline hillwalkersue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hillwalkersue
    • View Profile
Re: BAILEY family, Dawley.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 December 12 13:58 GMT (UK) »
The Bailey families, where living in Old Park, probably would be found in the registers of St Leonard's, Malinslee (from 1832).
Chetwood, Beard, Hornblower, Gwynn, Follows, Stilgo, Shenton, Stride, Gorton, Frodsham, Harrison,  Seagrief

Offline Ellawin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 December 12 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hey guys,

I live opposite St Leonard's, and often walk the dog round the graveyard. I'll have a nosey at the graves and see if I can spot any names mentioned here?

There are quite a few family ones, so may be useful?

Cate
Jones, Blake, Billington, Cattrell/Cattrall/Cottrell, Conway, Hale, Hollingworth, Kennedy, Molloy/Mulloy, O'Kell, Wilkinson

Offline Ellawin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 31 December 12 12:38 GMT (UK) »
So far the only Baileys i have found are:

Mark Bailey
Nov 23rd 1849 - Nov 5th 1935
& his wife
Jane Bailey
July 12th 1940 aged 80 years

But theres plenty more i havent seen
Jones, Blake, Billington, Cattrell/Cattrall/Cottrell, Conway, Hale, Hollingworth, Kennedy, Molloy/Mulloy, O'Kell, Wilkinson

Offline Scottm2916

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 November 16 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Dear all,

I realise this is an old thread but I have been researching my family tree and have traced my roots back to Thomas Martin and Priscilla Zella Martin (ne Bailey). I've used ancestory.co.uk and it suggests that Thomas was a coal miner however I can't seem to find out much else other than that both died in Madeley. If anyone knows anymore about this family please contact me, also if anyone knows where they are buried and who their parents are I would be interested in going back further.

Thank you

P.s the line of my family tree continues with their son John Martin, the family eventually ended up in West Bromwich and then finally returned to Shropshire with my father Peter Martin:)

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 20 November 16 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scottm2916,

Welcome to Rootschat!

Sophia Bailey is (on paper at least) my 3xGGmother but I have never been able to find out much about her.  She was the second wife of William Hayward and when I realised this I thought I was getting somewhere with regard to the various relationships.

However, since I first posted here about her, my Dad has had his Y-DNA tested and this certainly threw the cat among the pigeons! 

He is not related to a couple of other male direct line descendants of William Hayward who should be his 2nd / 3rd cousins.  They are related to each other though, and so we are not sure where the illegitimacy is on our tree - either Sophia Bailey had my 2xGGfather before / whilst married to WH or the generation after that may in fact not really be Haywards.

None of this helps you - I'm sorry - but perhaps explains my confusion / frustration with my Shropshire / West Bromwich ancestors!  I imagine it might be the same Baileys though given the Shropshire / West Brom connection.

Good luck,

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk