Author Topic: Richard Fieldsend Born 1805 ? Wentworth?  (Read 3317 times)

Offline bumpkin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Fieldsend Born 1805 ? Wentworth?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 July 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Peramar

Thanks for your info on Richard Fieldsend. I wonder if the Charlotte Fieldsend buried at Greasebrough is Richards wife. I went to Greasebrough church recently but there are no graves left (or headstones). Richard died at Greasebrough so I thought i might find his grave with loads of information on it!!!!

Richard re married in 1840 to Jane Gothard (wonder if she is a widow) can't find a birth so the date ties in.

Many thanks

Bumpkin

Offline bumpkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 July 11 20:27 BST (UK) »
Sorry Peramar

You got me so excited I have answered you wrongly! You said she was buried at Wentworth I am carried away because Richard was buried at Greasbrough.

Bumpkin

Offline Chris506

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 14:43 GMT (UK) »
I notice this was posted in 2011 - I'm researching the Fieldsends of Wentworth and I believe Charlotte Fieldsend was the daughter of Lucy Fieldsend and Lucy was the sister of Charles and Isaac. Richard's father is supposed to be William and I'm wondering if Richard was a first cousin of Charles, Isaac and Lucy. I'd love an update on this research.

Offline bumpkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes, this is the Richard Fieldsend I am researching but I am going down a different route to you.
Richard was born in 1805 ?where?  On different censuses he says Northamptonshire,  Ireland, Yorkshire and Wentworth as birth place. I wonder if his employer  just assumed his place of birth.
My route then takes me to his daughter Rose (Roseanna)  from his first marriage to  Charlotte and then to Lucy
(my great grandma). I have her birth certificate which gives no name for her father which broke down my search.
On the 1871 census he is marked as blind.
Richard was living with his son Edward on the 1881 census in Wentworth.
I went to Greasborogh church yard to try to find his grave but to no avail.
Sorry not to be more specific or helpful .
Good luck with your searching.

Offline Chris506

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I think we're related! I think Lucy's oldest brother John is my third great grandad. He could also be her first cousin. I wrote to the Doncaster Archive a few years ago and am almost certain that my John is one of 2 John Fieldsends born in Wentworth in the 1780s. Lucy's parents are John Fieldsend and Jenny Chapman and grandparents are James Fieldsend and Elizabeth from Thorpe and John Chapman and Hannah Parkin from Wentworth. Lucy's cousin John (born 1783) was the son of William Fieldsend (servant to Earl Fitzwilliam) and Elizabeth Hurst. There is no marriage for Elizabeth Hurst and William Fieldsend (she marries another man) but I think William may be the right one. Earl Fitzwilliam owned estates in Ireland (where Richard's son Edward was on some later censuses) and also Northamptonshire (Derbyshire coalmines are also linked to Wentworth). William's parents were James and Elizabeth from Thorpe. Apparently the Sheffield records have most info about the Irish Wentworth connection. There's a chance that my third great-grandad was Richard's older brother but his dates fit better with John and Jenny. Chris