Author Topic: Middlesbrough Cemeteries  (Read 74180 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Middlesbrough Cemeteries
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me butting in!

I'm pulling my hair out over my great grandma who married and had her children in Middlesbrough/North Ormesby.  She supposedly died there in 1927, would anyone mind having a look for her for me please.

She's called Margaret Hubbard (nee Williams) born approx 1895 and died 1927.

Thank you in desperate anticipation
Love
Legs
xxxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline MINOR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 20:10 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I have checked the NBI, and Margaret Hubbard does'nt appear in Middlesbrough. The last entry for Hubbard is in 1882.
Clavering, Hudson, Baister, Bloomfield, Duff, Donaldson, Oxendale, Dodds, Lazenby,  Dodsworth, Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 20:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you Minor,

This woman is getting weirder by the minute, as far as I can see she hasn't been born neither has she died, but she did marry and have 3 kids!!

Oh well thank you for your time.
Best wishes
Legs
xxxxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline frankboustead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 September 05 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

hoping for some help with Bousteads in said cemeteries.

names are Thomas, Charlotte Hannah, Mary Ann and James.  One of the Thomases (there should be at least 2) is hopefully c 1952, ideally with date of death on it!  Mary Ann should be before 1952 and Charlotte Hannah c. 1912. One of the James should be shortly after 1916, the other c.1900, maybe..
Any help, pointers, links gratefull received
Boustead, Bridgland, Calvert

Offline Lee31

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 August 07 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,I`m new here :) I was just wondering if any of you know anything I need to know,What it is - is I live in Hemlington,Middlesbrough and am investigating my home and the area,I have been told by 2 people that the land were we live was a graveyard years and years ago,But I have been told when enquiring in the main library in Middlesbrough & Teeside Archives that there was no graveyard and that it was just farmland and fields.I got a map yesterday of the area in the 1853 time era and there was`nt anything on,but I guess it is possable it could have been before that,maybe even the 1700`s or further back,Do any of you know if there was a graveyard on the Hemlington land,All help and information is greatly appreciate,Thank you.
Lee

Offline mikeguess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 25 August 07 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The nearest churchyard to Hemlington was that of Acklam St Mary's or in the next parish to you in Marton St Cuthbert's but I would think those living around Hemlington would go to St Marys.
Where in Hemlington are you ?
I am not aware of any burial grounds in the Hemlington area as it was mostly farmland. Do you know what makes them believe there was ?
Drop me a line, I might be able to help

Mike
Spenceley , anywhere

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 06 October 07 09:02 BST (UK) »
I'm pulling my hair out over my great grandma who married and had her children in Middlesbrough/North Ormesby.  She supposedly died there in 1927, would anyone mind having a look for her for me please.
She's called Margaret Hubbard (nee Williams) born approx 1895 and died 1927.

Hi Legs

Don't know if you got an answer to this, but the Tees valley index website has a Margaret Hubbard death 1927 Middlesbrough, you can order the cert through the website at
http://www.middlesbrough-indexes.co.uk/search.php

Or if you want to order it from the GRO the ref is
Sept Quarter 1927 Middlesbrough 9d 528
Margaret Hubbard aged 31

Best wishes, Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 06 October 07 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for the info, I did manage to get up to Middlesbrough last year and actually visited the cemetery where Margaret is buried with her Mother and Father.  She died of TB.

Thanks again
Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams

Offline Nutty1966

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Annie Isabelle Bollands nee Rice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 06 October 07 11:25 BST (UK) »
 ;D for Legs!!!
LEICESTERSHIRE & MIDDLESBROUGH - BOLLANDS, GORE,
LINCOLNSHIRE - BAKEWELL, MARRIOTT