Author Topic: James Bibby of Lambeth  (Read 6650 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Bibby of Lambeth
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 July 11 20:13 BST (UK) »
A large number of libraries offer free Ancestry access which may be of help to you
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
  • Edwin Bibby b1848 British Champion Wrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 11 July 11 21:51 BST (UK) »
I know. I use it at my local library.
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline nick.bray10

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 March 14 11:21 GMT (UK) »
I have Charles Bibbey, glassmaker of 16 Faircloth Street, Lambeth, wife Eliza (1851 census), then Charles Bibbey (him, or his son?), a glassblower,  married to Mary Eliza Jones on the 8 April 1808 at St Mary Lambeth. Her father was George Jones, painter.  They had a son, James Bibbey, born 1818 at Southwark. He was a glassmaker,  of 27 White Horse Street, Lambeth,  and married Sarah Knott in Lambeth  in 1846.  They had two sons, James, born Jan/Mar 1847, and William, born March 1850 in Lambeth.  He was a glassblower in the High Street, and married Mary Elizabeth Earl,  born 1845 at Newington. They married on the 3 April, 1865 at St Mary Lambeth.  In the 1861 census, they were living at 3 Lucas Crescent, Broadwall, Southwark, and in the 1881 census,  he was lodging at 36 & 38 Mint Street, St Saviour,  Southwark. Their daughter, Eliza, my  grandmother, was born on the 14 March, 1866 at 8 Devonshire Street, Newington

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 March 14 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your update and welcome to Rootschat.
I have a few problems with your information. If you contact me via my website I'm sure we can sort it out between us.
https://sites.google.com/site/allaboutbibby/
Cheers
Steve
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline nick.bray10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 March 14 18:15 BST (UK) »
I got this information from several sources, but it is quite possible that I have made some erros. Can you help, please?

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 March 14 03:25 BST (UK) »
I assume you got the birth cert of Eliza (your grandmother) to identify her parents.
Did you then get the marriage cert of her parents?
You said they (William & Mary?) were living in Lucas Crescent in 1861. Did you mean 1871?
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline nick.bray10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 March 14 16:55 BST (UK) »
My grandmother, Eliza Bibbey's birth is recorded in the Newington district in the June quarter of 1866. She was born on the 14th March 1866 at 8 Devonshire Street, Newington, Surrey.  She was the daughter of William Bibbey, a glassblower, and Mary Elizabeth Bibbey, formerly Earl.  The mother registered the birth by making her mark, on the 23rd April 1866, before William Seagrave, Registrar.
William and Mary Elizabeth were married on the 3rd April 1865, at St Mary Lambeth. They were both illiterate and made their marks.  I am unable to find the record of them living at 3 Lucas Crescent, Broadwall, Southwark at present, but I am think it was in the 1861 census.

Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 07:52 BST (UK) »
Wm & Mary Elizabeth weren't together in 1861 because they married in 1865. So I think they must have been at Lucas Crescent in 1871.
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline nick.bray10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 08:21 BST (UK) »
Good point! Thanks for poiinting it out. I made a similar mistake on another part of the tree, where I had my g grandmother marrying  again  before she was widowed. Family legend has it that somewhere in my ancestry, there was a Spanish lady - have you come across her?