Author Topic: Monaghan's of Barrhead  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Sweyn

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monaghan's of Barrhead
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 March 13 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My great uncle was the James Monaghan on the grave stone pictured and his nephew also James Robinson Monaghan was my father and was the son of Jessie Jamieson and William Monaghan.
Hope this is of some help to someone

Offline cathal1958

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monaghan's of Barrhead, and Gran mother Bridget Lennon
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 July 15 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Its been a while got some bits and pieces am now looking in to the possibility of my gran dying in Scotland her name Bridget Lennon, d.o.b 17th march 1904 birth cert acquired, I have searched all of Ireland North and South records to no avail,
reason for absent was my health, do you know if the church of later day saints got access to the online record I know they were in negotiation on this,
how are you keeping?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Monaghan's of Barrhead
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 July 15 17:58 BST (UK) »
You've just posted on ENGLAND and ANTRIM board looking for the same information but you need to tell us when Bridget died.
Not sure how you've "searched all of Ireland North and South records to no avail"
The online civil registration index for the Republic of Ireland (which includes all Ireland up to 1921) goes up to 1958. For counties in the present Northern Ireland (which includes Belfast) the index stops at 1921.
GRONI, Belfast now has an online database for Northern Ireland deaths up to around 1969.
Scottish deaths will be on Scotland's People website.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!